Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Feeling sad...    

Feeling sad...

Mishuna
Argentina

Feeling sad...

Hi my friends, i would like to share something with you and maybe you can tell me if this has happened to you also.
In Argentina we are finishing the school year and we (teachers) are very busy doing administrative tasks such as writing reports, making test, making the make up tests. I find these tasks very boring.
Moreover, I�m also a student. I�m doing the teachers training course, finishing my second year, and this means I have to study a lot, preparing my practices classes (i have finished with this luckily and some of you have helped me a lot with material and ideas). I�m also studying Psychology in the Universidad de Buenos Aires, and it�s very hard too. I really really really love what I do and I know I�m good at teaching... of course I have to learn a lot!!
But these days, I�m feeling so tired and so stressed that I�m not enjoying either my work or my studies. It�s been a long time since the last time I uploaded one of my works and I�m feeling very sad about it. I have lots of worksheets to upload but they need editing and I can�t find the time to do it!!
Fortunately this situation will last until December so I have to stand this only for just one month...so I think I�ll be able to upload my work by that time.
I�m so sorry for not sharing and for not giving my two cents worth (poner mi granito de arena). I don�t like taking without giving...so I owe you a lot. I miss participating in hot issues on the forum and taking part of the discussions. However, I�ve never download something without saying "thank you"...

Thanks for reading...and please share your experiences if this has ever happened to you...I won�t feel so bad if I know this is common.Cry

6 Nov 2008      

missundaztood_74
Spain

HEY MISHUNA

You dont need to say you are sorry.
You are going through a lot of work, but im sure that when you have time you will share your material and experience with all of us.

It is my second year of teaching and i ve also been pretty bussy with all the studing, teachIng AND preapring materials.
Right know im trying to calm down and concentrate in my teaching, and preparing all the stuff for the gobernamental examinations in order to be a teacher in a public school here in spain.

So, right now you are working very hard but when you finish all this crazy time youll see that it was absolutely worth it because you will have a lot of formation and culture in order to share with your students.

im sure you are going to do great.

CHEEERSSSS

6 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Dear Mishuna,�

I feel so related to you, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

�I�m also working in a school and i have lots of private students at home. But apart from everything else, I�m studying to be a "Licenciada" �( I think the word in English is Bachelor) in English Language. It�s really hard work because i need to study everyday and prepare papers for all the subjects, apart from all the things i have to do for my classes!!! I have 30 students in advanced level preparing for CAE, and that means a looooooooooot of extra work at home -which i�m obviously not paid for!!!- correcting papers and grading writings...which takes a log time.

I�m married and my husband has been really wonderful through all this process, because he helps around in the house �A LOT!!! But i sometimes feel so tired, that when I come home i feel like doing nothing, but lie down in bed!!! I�m not motivated to do any house chorus...and I don�t even want to cook....which i have always enjoyed in the past...I feel that i�m not taking good care of him and that makes me really upset.

I too have not been able to upload anything for a long time...and i don�t even have time to browse through the new worksheets that are published everyday in order to download some of the 30 free ones i�m entitled to. So, needless to say, I have downloaded very few things lately.

But I guess we should look at the bright side of this situation, and as�missundaztood_74Spain�well said it, we have to keep focused on our ultimate aim...which is to improve as professionals and as persons.

I know this will all pay back in time....we just have to find strenght to continue and be the best we can in everything. It�s not easy, but thanks God (AND MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND) we always find the means to reach our goals if we truly believe in what we are doing.

all the best luck to you!!!! and to all the other teachers who may be feeling the same as you!!!!

ALL MY LOVE AND SUPPORT...

ALDANA

6 Nov 2008     

micah
Japan

I understand your situation too. I can only visit this site when I have something to share also because I feel guilty downloading without uploading anything. So that�s why I download some worksheets from the past when I visit. But let�s keep in touch for there are so many great teachers out here and they always welcome us with the warmest greetings. Good luck to you and thank you for all teachers here!Hug

6 Nov 2008     

cgato
Portugal

HI Mishun Mia!

First of all you don�t have to say you are sorry for nothing. We have to thank you for the wonderful work that you�ve shared with us. I also haven�t had time yo upload anything because I�ve been using some of the members materials. Schools have gone crazy here because of  so many useless tasks, papers,and so many other things our government has imposed on us.
Then .. be strong, do the best you can, learn a much as you can, focus on what is really important,surely this hard period will end. You  should also feel very proud Clapof yourself for doing so many things at the same time. I�m sure most people couldn�t!

I�m going to join what, I hope to be, the greatest demonstration ever in my country of teachers against the simple stupidity, arrogance, ignorance of the government. It�s the only way to fight back!!! That means a trip of 600 km total.. and I have a pile of tests to correct and lessons to prepare (and those stupid reports to write). But I am going to be able to manage everything.. so will you

6 Nov 2008     

igof
Portugal

Hello Mishuna..

I have to say that you�re not alone. Wacko Although I�m not taking another degree I�m also doing my teacher�s training this year and I work everyday, including saturdays, so I only have Sunday left to prepare my lessons, do my seminar tasks, do some research for my final action-research paper and prepare my lessons for work, since I teach in a private institute. SSSSSSSSSSSSooooooooooooooo...Don�t feel sad. I understand you completly. I feel I don�t have enough sleep and I�m afraid that this will show during my classes. But... who said that being a teacher is easy???????????? On the other hand, there�s no greater job in THE WHOLE WORLD. This is just a phase we are going through. My advice:

1) Don�t worry

2) Do your best

3) Think that this is not going to last forever

4) Christmas is almost there

5) And we are very brave for doing all of this at the same time. ( or CRAZY Tongue) DON�T YOU THINK?

TEACHERS ROCK  Cool 

Best of Luck and hope to hear from u soon...

6 Nov 2008     

ichacantero
Honduras

Hi Mishuna,

I�ve been feeling the same way you are, I used to be soooo active, and know I feel like I�ve involuntarily abandoned the website that makes me feel so warm and welcome... But then I realized that I�ve made so many friends here and you�ve all been with me during my absence to eslprintables. We are like family, you can be away for a period of time, but when you�re able to return, we�ll be waiting with arms wide open to welcome you back, but more importantly, we are here for you at all moments!!

Hugs from one of your many friends here Hug

6 Nov 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It�s really nice to see that i�m not the only one who wished the day had 25 hours instead of 24!!!!!!!!�LOL

See Mishuna!!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

And igof, as regards your advice:�

5) And we are very brave for doing all of this at the same time. ( or CRAZY�Tongue) DON�T YOU THINK?

I would most definitely say we are CRAZY!!!!!! We are crazy�Heartabout teaching!!!!�

HEADS UP EVERYBODY!!!!! We still have a couple of month to finish the school year (for us living in the southern hemisphere at least)...and then we can enjoy our well-deserved long summer!!!!!

6 Nov 2008     

Mishuna
Argentina

Wow!!!! I didn�t expect so many people would feel the same way. We are sharing our lives too!!
I really appreciate all your kind words that cheer me up. You�re a great great community and as Icha said, I think you�re one of my best friends (I don�t have too many). You�re always there to support, to help, to cheer up, to share, to give love, to give hope, to guide, to teach, to learn, to spread good mood...and I can list hundreds of verbs...
I can almost feel us in a big hug as good friend do when are encouraging each other...thanks for each and every single word you wrote...despite the little time you have, you give five minutes of your life to give me hope and strenght...
thanks you sooooooooooo muuuuuuch!!!
I love you all!!!
Hug

6 Nov 2008     

andreaewa
Uruguay

DON�T FEEL SAD!! We have to be happy because we CAN do a lot of things. I work in 3 different schools, 58 hs (classes of 45`) a week,finishing all the courses and correcting a looooot as you are,  I�m finishing a TESOL Teaching Course and I�m also a mother of 2!! (and the little one is 15 months old). But we must be proud because we can cope with everything and WE WILL SOURVIVE!!!!!
Come on! let�s cheer up!!Hug

6 Nov 2008     

class centre
Belarus

Hi, Mishuna! Don�t worry, you�ll soon be fine. You feel exausted and tired, it�s normal. We all do. We are doing a very important job which takes a lot of us and our time. But I think it�s one of the best jobs in the world. Think of the results you are getting or will get after this hard work... But what I am certain about is - eventually it is necessary to  work independently - run your own business! I have worked both for the state and for myself. When you are tired but it�s your own business you feel much better, believe me.
Think positive and keep working.
Buena suerte amigo!

6 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >