Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For Idarena (nikadixon)    

For Idarena (nikadixon)

zambia09
Czech Republic

For Idarena (nikadixon)

I am sooo sorry you deleted your account Cry especially if you were one of the reasons I didn �t do the same several days ago. Thank you very much for everything because you are such a nice and understanding person. Hope we will have the opportunity to talk again sometime in the future . Heart

To other members: Sorry to write this on the forum but when I open ESL today I had a PM from my friend about leaving. I couldn �t write her back as her account is cancelled already so I hope she could have a look here.

30 Oct 2009      

Aimee/S.
Israel

What! I can �t believe it! When did this happen? She was so active yesterday afternoon over here -  on the forum -  and at the cafe, too. These are terrible news... First Sylvie and now her... It �s too much! What a loss! Such precious, dear members and friends!
I �ll try write to her.
Thanks, have a good day.

30 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Yes, made me sad, too. And horribly confused. I wrote to Victor asking for some help, because it �s worrying me. Changes always come, but it would be shame to lose some great people like Idalina and Sylvie. Hope they just need time and we get to see them back soon.
Anita

30 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Aimee,
I just found out about Sylvie and I �m so shocked. When I wanted to leave at the beginning of this week Sylvie and Ida were among the people who forced me to change my mind.
Ida was active yesterday but there was someone who was very rude to her (even sent her some nasty PMs) and I think that �s the reason why she �s left.
I would never believe such a thing makes me cry.... Maybe some of the older members should think about the ways their talking to others and these things wouldn �t happen.

Anita: Idalina�s account has been canceled already:o(

30 Oct 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

We all lack positivity in life soooooooooooooooooo much and the growing trend is that it �s everywhere. It makes me feel so frustrated and deeply saddened. (I know Idalina cancelled her account - got her pm, too - shocked) And when you try to be the voice of reason and calm people down, you are considered a freak of nature. Just think of how often it happens here - negative posts get dozens of responses, whereas the rare positive ones are here so briefly. So sad... 

30 Oct 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

I �m sorry. I really can �t see the point of cancelling your account. As a protest, it strikes me as being a bit pathetic and attention-seeking - like a kid chucking its toys out of the pram. Once they �re out, they �re out. This is, after all, ESL Printables not ESL Arguables or whatever. I �m certainly here primarily to share worksheets and teaching ideas, not engage in mud-slinging contests.  There �s no obligation to take part in the forum and, in fact, Frenchfrog came up with a great idea to deal with provocative posts and silly, little personal quarrels etc (see thread below).

Oh, and if it �s simply a matter of the principle of moderators using the forum to thrash out what they personally believe is their duty/job on this site, then please bear in mind that many, many members don �t have access to the same information as the moderators - so the arguments come across as being somewhat esoteric if not downright exclusionist.

Regards,

Alex

30 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Alex,
I �ve just asked Victor myself to cancel my account. I should have done it the first time but Sylvia, Idalina, Zailda, Ladybird made me stay. But not any more. My two precious friends have left and as for me... I don �t want to be a part of community where the rules aren �t the same for all. I always played fair and expected the same from others.
I understand Victor �s decision as he wants to stop quarrelling and all these things around.
But I �m not happy here anymore with people like (for example) Olindalima is.
My last words for Zailda, Silke, Tisha, Sam, Aimee, Anita (and other nice and kind people here): THANK YOU.

30 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I have to agree that cancelling accounts is a bit drastic. Just because things aren �t going their way, people throw fits and leave. THAT is not right. It �s actually extremely childish and I think that people will regret it later on.

But that is just my opinion.

30 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Zora,
probably is something wrong when people start cancelling accounts. I feel much better now and freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as a bird.
FarewellWink

30 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

Dear Zambia09,

You can express your opinions, but you can �t say that rules are not the same for all.

If you upload today a worksheet that doesn �t follow the actual rules, it will be removed. It doesn �t matter if you are old user or new user.

30 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I have to agree with Alex,  it �s like the kids in the playground. 

It �s my ball and if you don �t want to play by my rules then I �m going to take my ball and go home- so there!

I also don �t know what happened because Ida was very positive on the forum and a Pm to me yesterday. 

It �s unfortunate that they left,  but I also think it �s their loss.

30 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >