Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Help I cant manage the students to be quite    

Help I cant manage the students to be quite

Azza_20
United Arab Emirates

norway,
i know that teaching in the Middle East can be hard because of language barriers and cultural differences, but excuse my honesty i dont think you like what you do thats why your giving up and coming with all of these excuses!

you need to be positive and spend sometime online, read few articles about the culture in Bahrain, try to connect to students lives and thier environment. establish some boundaries and be assertive!!

its a different culture i agree, dont expect students to pay attention and listen to you talking in a completely foreign language. they are probably misbehaving because they dont understand what ur saying. try to use movies as Adva suggested, and as English971  said use topics that they are interested in.

Ayda,
i am sorry to tell you that ur a hopeless case! there is no point in arguing with you!
and i dont want to comment on your last 2 lines because it really makes me mad, i have less than 2 years of teaching experience  and i know something for sure we dont run from problems, we face them and try to handle them. we dont  delegate our problems! if Norway is having  difficulties controlling her class, she needs to work harder to establish a positive classroom environment not run from it by bringing a male teacher!!

29 Nov 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

i �m not a hopeless case but i speak the truth that many people don �t accept it :)

To Norway,
Patience darling and everything Inch-Allah will be settled down. Something else, try to sensitize your students about the importance of education. For the head trouble makers, you can talk to their parents and explain to them the situation of their children, they can influence on them.
Good luck

29 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3