Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Sorry but can some explain to me why my worksheet is considered a copy???    

Sorry but can some explain to me why my worksheet is considered a copy???

zailda
Brazil

Dear Gangster:

The wss on the reporting page are voted the same way, when the author complains the work is his and we agree his ws was used as a template to prepare another member �s work we vote for its removal.

It �s possible that some members have done it before, but their wss weren �t reported so they won �t be removed until they get the reporting page and the moderators vote for its removal.

If you come across a ws you feel is a total or partial copy of another member �s or similar to a ws found in another website, please report it with the original link and justice will be done.

If there are copies/non-ESL/bilingual wss remaining in ESL Printables it �s not "the moderators" fault, since we are a small group comparing with all the members here and the ws report is not a moderators � duty, it �s for everyone here who find one and can provide evidence.

Have a nice day

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

OHHHH DEAR MR CHEEZEL YOU HAVE BEEN THROWING YOU PLAY TOYS FROM YOU PRAM HAVN �T YOU.
I �M GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME ITS NOT THE BOOGLESWORLD WORKSHEET I �M ON ABOUT ITS THE ONE I DID MAKE UP FROM SCRATCH FROM SCATCH NOT BOOGLESWORL GET IT.
SO PLEASE DON �T BE ROCKING YOUR BOAT ANYMORE. AND THANKS FOR THE COMMUNICATION IT WAS GREAT 555.

3 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

No its you who is doing the throwing.

I was not referring to any worksheet that you have had removed previously.
My comment is solely related to your first post where you seem to think it is ok to use things from other websites and it will become YOUR original work.
That is not the case.

So tell us then what was the reason given for the worksheet that you actually did have removed? If the reason was that it was a copy then it would have been removed because someone would have provided a link.

As for rocking the boat. No one here was doing that until you decided to post aggressively in your first post in this thread.

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

Who rattled your spots then Ladybird....!

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

Who rattled your spots then Ladybird....!

3 Dec 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

If we write an article or any publication about teaching we must state the sources.
It is standard in all countries.
If we take part of somebody else �s work, we SHOULD state the sources. It is NORMAL.

The "templates" might be pretty complicated work which takes hours to make...
Respect the work of other people, please.
BTW: this is one of the Victor rules, and he is the owner of this site, so we must obey...
Never send copies from other websites or books.
You are only allowed to upload your own creations.

I think, we are not senile. We should remember where we got the worksheet from and google the source...

I find it impolite to take work of somebody else and pretend it �s mine... We should be well-behaved and respect  the work of colleagues at eslprintables or elsewhere.

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

We seem to be missing the point here the argument is, what�s the harm in using a template with nothing in it or on it and your inputting your own pictures and words with anything else come to think of that its only a plan template YES...?

This was my original argument or just needing an opinion not to be opinion. Sorry but that�s the  way it is everybody.

We could always have a debate.       those who agree and those who don �t agree.

3 Dec 2009     

fletsch
Canada

I am thinking that the point here is why not take the time to make an original lesson plan / worksheet.  I think that some members are so desperate to get points that they don �t (won �t) make an effort to spend time on their contributions.  Many of the members here spend hours and hours working on a worksheet to share with others here.  If you make an original worksheet, there will never be any chance of your worksheet being removed from this site.

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

I for one agree on your piont.
I also have spent many hours making up my worksheets and rightly so,BUT and a BIG BUT whats the harm in using a plain template with nothing on it........

3 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14621

3 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >