Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > disappointed    

disappointed

angelamoreyra
Argentina

disappointed

just wanted to share this with you:today I had to prepare the yearly exibition where children  show what they have done during the whole year  the big day is tomorrow ,the point is that I HAD TO PREPARE EVERYTHING alone when in fact there are four english  teachers,you cant imagine how I feel ,I pasted everything on walls,tables,blackboard,students had made a big wardrobe,toyshop,a big sant �s bag with toys,solar system,flags from many countries,the farm,the time,colourful shapes, body,the house,an enormous food pyramid ,a fridge full of food,descriptions....I was from 8 am to 5 pm without a break  it was really tiresome,I had to stand on the tables to stick the items ,to hang up a washing line,but listen : my classroom looked wonderful ,everybody was amazed and I GOT MANY CONGRATULATIONS FROM OTHER COLLEAGUES I WILL TRY TO UPLOAD SOME PHOTOS AND when the headmistress asked me if I HAD BEEN HELPED BY THE OTHER ENGLISH TEACHERS I SAID YES,WHEN I RETURNED  HOME I BURST INTO TEARS BECAUSE THAT IS ONLY MY WORK AND MY STUDENTS � .ONE THING IS SURE I CAN �T TELL THEM WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO I WILL NEVER DO THAT ,ONE OF THINGS THAT I HATE OF TEACHING IS THIS WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT SOMETIMES YOU MAY HAVE HARD-WORKING COLLEAGUES AND SOMETIMES YOU ARE UNLUCKY THAT IS MY CASE MY ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT CLASSROOM .SORRY TO BOTHER YOU AND THANK YOU

4 Dec 2009      

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Shhh it �s okay! calm down! I didn �t understand any of that! But it will be alright! Deep breaths! 

4 Dec 2009     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

Thanks for sharing this with us, I really sympathise with you and don �t feel bad.  These things, unfortunately, always happen. :(    You have to feel proud of yoursel, of your work, of your talent, your creativity ( I have taken a look at your work and it �s amazing) The passion you put in your work, undoubtedly,  has been transmitted to your sts. I �m dead sure they are proud of you, they must love you deeply and their parents as well. That �s what counts. Just think you have done all this for God �s sake, for the kids, and most importantly, think you do it for you, we have chosen a life of service ...  That �s education!  Congrats on your work!!!!!! and do please share the pic with us!!!!

4 Dec 2009     

mirelli
Brazil

We �re all here for you!!!Don �t cry!Smile

4 Dec 2009     

happyhospital
Turkey

You must be proud of yourself. You did the right thing for your kids... About the other teachers??? There are always LL (lazy and lucky) people in the world. And I just really wonder whether your collegues confirmed what you told the headmistress???
 Never mind you are the one who has advantage on this case...Do not worry about this, right? Take very good care of yourself...

4 Dec 2009     

juliag
Japan

Sending you a big hug from Japan.Hug

It sounds like you are an amzing teacher. I know it sucks when others don �t help out and you feel like you have to do everything by yourself, but imagine the joy on your students � (and their parents �) faces when they see your beautiful classroom tomorrow and let that comfort you.

I truly believe that your classroom will speak for itself and you will get the recognition you deserve for your dedication and hard work.

I hope it is a wonderful presentation day tomorrow for both you and all your students.

4 Dec 2009     

lizzysil
Peru

I IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL MY DEAR DISAPPOINTED I HAD THAT EXPERIENCE LAS WEEK, EXACTLY LAS FRIDAY I HAD MY ENGLISH FESTIVAL AND I HAD TO TO ORGANIZE EVERETHING LIKE: GET TEACHERS TO EVALUTE SS, BRING CHAIRS, WELCOME PARENTS, MOTIVATE SS, TALK TO THE PRINCIPALS FOR THE PRIZES..IN FACT EVERYTHING
WE ARE 3 TEACHERS BUT ONLY EXIST ONE AND THE SAME HAPPENS TO ME WHEN THE PRINCIPALS ASK ME: DID THEY HELP YOU? ARE THEY GREAT TEACHERS? ARE THEY CREATIVE? I ONLY ANSWER "YES" ALL THE TIME BECAUSE IF I SAY "NO" THEN THEY SAY I �M NOT A GREAT PERSON, I �M CRUEL..ETC ETC..THE SAME WITH MY MATERIALS, I MEAN MY WORKSHEETS THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR IT, COPYING OR CHANGING SOME PICTURES OR STEALING MY IDEAS...I THINK EVERY TEACHER IS CREATIVE AND MUST WORK ...ONE MORE THING TO FINISH "YOU ARE ONLY AND UNIQUE" YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE EXCELLENT AND PARENTS USUALLY SEE THAT ...THEY LIKE GREAT TEACHERS FOR THEIR CHILDREN LIKE YOU MY FRIEND
BELIEVE ME I UNDERSTAND YOU!!
CLAPS FOR YOU AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE AND GOOD LUCK
Smile

4 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Sending you hugs from Sweden and I hope today goes wonderfully for you!
Hug

4 Dec 2009     

provincespace
Russian Federation

Cheer up! I hope it will be a wonderful day for you and wish you good luck!

4 Dec 2009     

salaskas1
Belgium

Keep your chins up! 

I understand what it is like as I also work with lazy teachers.  I cannot understand why someone would become a teacher if they did not want to improve the education of children??!! I mean, what is the point?!! 
I have the mis-fortune of working with teachers who give 5th graders word searches week in week out.  They see how much the ss run up to me, are enthusiastic about their work and enjoy their classes.  These teachers now blatantly ask me for copies of my work.  I find it difficult to say no but I am beginning to say it now .... I came to the realization that they will just take and take and take some more.  
Sometimes you have to just tell it like it is.  If I were you I would tell the head teacher the truth. I am sure she knows anyway, hence why she asked.  You have absolutely nothing to protect them for. 
Try and be positive and don �t let them knock all the kindness out of you, you are a great teacher, loved by your ss and their parents and do not deserve to beat yourself up because of other teachers who do not give two hoots about you or their ss.
Good luck with your presentation - I am sure it will be wonderful Clap

4 Dec 2009     

-eva
Spain

Dear titila,
please cheer up, from what you say about your work I assume you �re an excellent teacher... unfortunately we not always have the recognition we should get, however, look at the faces of your students when you not only give them those fantastic wss, but also work hand in hand with them to decorate the school, to do extra activities. That �s what this, our job is all about, recognition from our students is by far the best present, just think about that, it does help me!
A big kiss form Spain

4 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >