Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > PLEASE CHECK THIS!!!!    

PLEASE CHECK THIS!!!!

Nuria08
Spain

I �m speechless. Some people just don �t have any ethics!

Katiana, you should contact the publisher immediately and threaten with a sue. Do you know any lawyer that can give you advice on the matter? You should find one as soon as possible. Bruna Dutra has a point, the clipart could also be used illegally, so there are two fronts to fight there.

You are the one who should be publishing all those wonderful worksheets you create!!!
If you need anything, you know you can count on me.

Lots of hugs dear Ana. Hug

10 Dec 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I would like to suggest that in the future when we upload things to the website we have to make a choice about the license rights of it like on most websites where people submit creative work.

I.E. every time you upload you tick a box that says how you want the worksheet to be used. Distributed with credit and not changed
distributed with credit and changed
Will not be resold
etc.

http://creativecommons.org/
I think we �d have more legal footing if terms and conditions were linked to next to every download.

The person who downloaded a worksheet must be a member, is there a legal agreement we sign / tick a box for before we join here?

If so the person who runs the site could take civil action against them too.

Civil court is free in Ireland, but in international circumstances? I don �t know
The question is will the case cost you more money than they are making from the book.

10 Dec 2009     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Another idea! http://www.deviantart.com/ have an option to have a watermark placed over everything you upload. Like i said it �s an option, which is nice.

Okay this doesn �t stop anyone remaking the work sheet, but it does stop them copying your one.

Can any of the Turkish members here give us any information about Turkish copyright laws? I know in (for example) Russia they´re almost non-existent, so it´s not an international thing :(

10 Dec 2009     

rozianne
United Kingdom

Well......

I �m stunned.  I was hoping you would publish your work yourself.  But this? Ugh Yuk Puke

You are one of the Mother Teresas of ESL printables.  You just give give give...and now someone did this to you?  Diabolical.

The thought that you now have to waste so much of your valuable time chasing up a publishing house in a foreign country with lawyers + legal issues saddens me deeply.

Certainly there are tough roads ahead but I would like to say that so many of us and our students have benefited so greatly from your work that you should know you have a strong support group here behind you.  I personally feel obliged to help you in any way I can so please let us know what you need.

OK Now I �m off to swear like a sailor for you.

Sigh.

Big Sigh.

10 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

A watermark can �t stop anyone stealing a ws!!!! It takes some time to remove it in Photoshop or in other specialized program, but it is not impossible. You can cut the parts affected by the watermark and color them back. Believe me. there �s no use!!!! 
 PS: he or she is one of us!!!! That´s sure!

Wow...I can see over 150 pages in that book!!!!!  

10 Dec 2009     

Denisa
Romania

I am speechless and outraged!!! How easy it is to steal someone �s work and then take credit for it as if everything is ok!!
THEY SURELY MUST PAY ! AND I �M NOT TALKING ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY!
Do say in case we all can do something for this!

10 Dec 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

The other problem that adds to the publishing is definitively that someone took Katiana �s work and claimed it at his/her own ! That �s stealing again and we �re back to some nasty things that have been happening to wonderful members lately. It �s disgusting !

10 Dec 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I �m just spechless!It �s disgusting!!I also think you should get a lawyer.!
You have all my support!!

10 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Wow...Shocked

Good morning...

So, what happened?

Somebody in Turkey made a compilation of the lovely worksheets from this website and probably from other websites and then actually made it into a book???

I cannot quite digest it...

Hold on there Katiana...

Hope it will work out for the best for you.

Just please - don �t rush. No hasty actions.

Think over every little thing before... Definitely get a solicitor´s advice. The one´s who knows about copyright.

They may say that they took it from another website, which took Katiana �s worksheets, and that website gives it out to all for free...

Just rambled thoughts....

By the way, this thread shouldn �t even exist, the member who supposedly took the worksheets and published them can be reading this right now.

10 Dec 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

HI!
It is outrageous, so lazy, so unprofessional, so disgusting, so cheap! And so disappointingly unsurprising that there are people who (would) actually do this! It is definitely a legal matter and Victor should definitely take the lead here, along with all the people whose work has been stolen(I saw in yesterday �s thread that he �s already working on it). Money and public embarassment is the only place you can affect these people - honour and professionalism don �t mean anything to them! I �m always so sorry and frustrated when sth like this happens. All my support for you and anyone else who has been in a similar situation...
Anita

10 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >