Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > PLEASE CHECK THIS!!!!    

PLEASE CHECK THIS!!!!

Katiana
Spain

Dear teachers,

Things seem to be even worse than I thought. I have been informed by the member who sent me the scanned worksheets from the book that our work is not only published illegally in a single book. There are six books for grades 6,7 and 8. This person has the text book for grade 8 and the worksheets books for all the grades. It is almost sure that there are stolen wss in the other books too. I have just informed Victor about this.

Thanks for your messages, your support, your advice �

Big hugs!

10 Dec 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Have you noticed the people who are responsible for the compiling of the book?
I cannot upload the image so I �ve decided to write their names as they appear in the book.

Prof. Dr. P. W. Nelson
      Dipl. Eng. O.Z. Yanaşık (This person is Turkish)

Revised by: Laura White
                   Derya Duman ( She is Turkish)
Illustrated by: C. Baykar (This person is Turkish)

Now would you say this a Turkish conspiracy or an international one or the foreign members were mislead in any way?

10 Dec 2009     

Nessie33
Germany

http://www.afs.org/afs_or/home
Look here pleaseEvil Smile

10 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

I am quite sure the names are fictional. 
I don´t think the video has something to do with the book. As the member who wrote the message to Katiana mentioned that those books are expensive.

10 Dec 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Hello dear Teachers,

It �s very sad that such things happen. I guess some people don �t know how much work it is to do a ws ..... how many thoughts, actions, time and teaching practice it involves..... I do hope the matter will clear out soon and never repeats again.....I am with all of you whose hard work was stolen.....

Alexandra

10 Dec 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Katiana,

So many words of shock, outrage and disbelief have already been spoken that there seems little else to say.  I hope you will be comforted in knowing that you have so many friends and supporters around the world even though most of us can do little more than say a prayer.

Sincerely,
David

10 Dec 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Sending you again my love  and my support, dear Katiana! You �re so kind, dedicated, generous, creative; you give endlessly your time, your ideas, your talent... You truly deserve the best!
I hope that the good will prevail over the evil this time.
Take care,
Aimee

10 Dec 2009     

abba
Spain

I �m very sorry and I send you all my support. I also think you should take some legal advise and do something about that. It �s unbelievable, the strangest position is the publisher �s one they didn �t really know anything?

10 Dec 2009     

juliag
Japan

This really is appalling and demonstrates only the worst in human nature. They obviously have a talent for recognising wonderful work, but how they can then take that and claim  it as their own is absoutely beyond me.

I think Alien Boy �s advice seems very solid and you should definitely speak to a lawyer and make sure to get everything in written form from the publishers and, if possible, record any phone calls with them.

I �m sorry I don �t know anything about legal issues at all, so I can �t add any advice to what everyone has already said, but I think it �s disgusting that anyone would so take advantage of the hard work, dedication, and generosity in sharing of you and the other members involved, and want you and the others to know that I am behind you every step  of the way and if you can think of anything that you need us to do, just ask.

With much love, Julia

10 Dec 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Katiana, I am sending you hugs today again and, please, be strong.
I agree that you need legal advice, and I hope that our Turkish colleagues can help you and inform of their country �s copyright laws and maybe help conduct talks with the publisher.

Hugs and take care  dear Katiana.
Hug

10 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >