Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Jesus - peace be upon him-    

Jesus - peace be upon him-

suxanita
Portugal

Imagine...

cutecolorsdoll1b.gif cutecolorsdoll1d.gifcutecolorsdoll1a.gifcutecolorsdoll1c.gif

27 Dec 2009     

Amaras
France

I have followed this topic now for some time and thought it is better to not add to this discussion, but after seeing even muslims going against their own religion, I �m getting too sad. Ok, this may be a religious posting in a teachers, but honeslty ... who cares? Didn �t we wish each other happy Hanuka, Eid, Christmas and explained to others what those holidays are for us? At the time such postings were made nobody started to get mad at each other.We are teachers, that doesnt mean we know everything and can always still learn from one another. I am always happy to learn about other cultures and believes and everything else. Maybe on day you will be teaching people fro; that belief or culture. You wont try to undertsand them? Everybody has the right to believe what he wants? Where? Somebody writes about their belief and a passage of their book and gets attacked to no end even by his own people. Islam doesnt mean to offend anybody, it is there to show us a way of life. It doesnt impose anything to you, you are the one making a choice. Somebody asked the question:
Would you like to be told the Christian view of Allah on days that are important festivities for Muslims? Why not? If what you say is the truth, I �m always happy to hear it, no matter which day it is.
Would you like to be told on such important days that what you believe in or celebrate is second class? Why would you care about what somebody else says when you are a strong believer of your religion and you know positively it is the truth?
We are teachers and have to teach respect and tolerance to your kids, but once again I see how much we don �t do such things ourselves, how can we teach our children those values then? I am a muslim and I am proud of it, just like everybody else in the forum who is absolutely sure  and positive about the truth in their own religion should be proud of it. 
And one thing more that you should know is that we muslims would never ever try to disgrace Jesus (peace be upon him) nor any other prophet, because they are all part of our religion as well, so your accusations are not correct. I �m not here to preach religion, but Im here to show that we as tearchers should think more about how we behave towards others. If we like something or not, it is always worth to try to understand why people think the way the do, we might learn from one another. Attacking is the wrong way.

27 Dec 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

excuse me, ...
... but the passage from quran that our honorable member quoted at the beginning of this thread says clearly: believe in Allah.
It also says: Jesus is no more than a prophet

On an important Christian day I do not want to be told to believe in Allah, the "protagonist" of another religion, nor told that the "protagonist" of my belief is no more than a prophet. That IS disgracing Jesus, Amaras. For me, that is more than being told how Islam works or what Islam believes.

27 Dec 2009     

Hijab
Brazil

Baraka Allah Fiki, Amaras

I make your words mine.

Thank you indeed for your comment.

27 Dec 2009     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Thanks Amaras, I agree with you.

28 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3