Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

______
Germany

20 Jan 2010      

donapeter
Romania

Dear S,
This isn �t the only case!!! I also reported a member with 4 wss and he is still here!!!! I think there is a glitch or something and the account is not deleted automatically. I also sent a PM to that member and all i got was a bad language and a "mind your business" advice. 
So...what can be done? 

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

This moderator - who was a few minutes ago calling me "cheeky" in the same thread she was trying to teach me a lesson about being more polite towards cheaters - did it to avoid being banned after the "3 strikes". It �s a nasty scheme to get away with what she did, uploading copied material and getting points unfairly - and even becoming a moderator!

That �s a shame we have a moderator like malice6 who has so many wss reported... I wonder what she teaches her students...

Instead of teaching me good manners, maybe she should learn more about honesty herself.

20 Jan 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

I �m both apalled and disgusted. People have such a nerve uploading material that they didn �t make themselves. Banning these people will do no good, since they can register under a different name - that �s really a pity. It �s ultimately shameful that these members do not contribute to this site but only take advantage of it. Victor has to figure out a way to stop this - maybe these cheaters � points could be withdrawn (and I mean all of them), so that they couldn �t download any more stuff. It �s only a thought.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

A cheater is a cheater, and if they upload other person �s material here claiming it �s theirs,  and they get points unfairly, they certainly will upload the work they downloaded here somewhere else.

It �s a good idea to withdraw cheaters � points so they won �t be able to get good material in exchange for the copies they post here in order to fool members.

20 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

My friends, I think this is too much...

I feel bad becasue we are taking things to the extremes, Silke, please send a pm to Victor and that �s it, I mean, what is the aim of starting a thread talking about malice? what for? Is it really necessary to mention his / her name?

I think it is not necessary to mention names, is it? Sorry, my point of view... I know you won �t agree with me and that is ok.

Have a nice day =)

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

When Victor implemented the "3 strikes" I �m sure he didn �t imagine how far people can go to continue cheating and getting benefit from this site.

Names are useful because only moderators would be aware who Silke �s talking about and now that every member knows about her nasty behavior,  she won �t come to the forum again to play the "good girl" role (at least I hope).

20 Jan 2010     

mariamit
Greece

A thief is a thief.  What I don �t understand is why we should all put up with it. There are many members who steal worksheets from here and put them in various sites. If we want this to stop then we have to all do what Silke is saying. I �m glad she has pm Victor.

@Julieta- I can understand your reasoning but I disagree with it. Why not mention names? If people don �t want their names plastered all over and called "cheaters" or "thieves", then they should have the decency not to take work from elsewhere and present it as their own.

Have a nice evening 

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

What you �ve don now is some kind of verbal lynch. In my country people are sued for such abuses and those who utter such words have to at least say that they �re sorry.
I �ve become a scapegoat. And you want to punish me for all the evil in this site, I guess.
The truth is I have never ever copied any ws that belonged to the member of ESL Printables. What I did and was wrong was publishing here exerciseswith sentences, which turned out to be from some book. It happened when there was no limit of 3 uploads a day and that �s why I probably 9 such wss at the same time. It wasn �t done deliberately, and as soon as I was told (or rather shouted at) that my wss were wrong I admited it. My fault. What do you want me to do? Kneel down and beg for forgiveness. I can only appologize Victor and the author of the book that I used material, which wasn �t mine and nobody else.
Thanks for those who can be more objective in this case than ... them.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �ll be very objective. As a teacher you must know the name for this behavior, when you use other person �s work claiming it �s yours. We teach students that this behavior is called "cheating" and that is not allowed. Is it objective enough for you?

20 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Silke:

"I understand your POV, but don �t agree with it as you expected. ;o"

No, my friend, I did not expect you could agree with me, I knew you wouldn �t and I said that is ok

I am glad to see moderators like you who care about the site and want to make it a better place, actually I agree with your post, it is a shame that we have thieves here, I support you...

My point is: Is it reallyyyyyyy necessary to mention names?... I do not support malice, I do not support thieves, I am with you Silke... but does it make us better persons when we mention names???

I think (sorry if I am mistaken) you mentioned his / her name because of the previous post that Mariethe started... and I know we are all tired of this kind of behaviour, I am...  I think malice keeps staling and doing things wrong, but I think we are nobody to come here and point that out and make it public

Well, my opinion anyway...

20 Jan 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >