Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > More food for thought    

More food for thought

juliag
Japan

More food for thought

Well, after tremendously enjoying Sir Ken Robinson �s speech thought I would continue with the theme of inspiring us all and found these wonderful quotes on the internet.

Hope they give you some food for thought as well.

Really am off to bed now as have classes in the morning.
Much love to all, Julia

"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins

"If a seed of a lettuce will not grow, we do not blame the lettuce. Instead, the fault lies with us for not having nourished the seed properly." - Buddhist proverb

"Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers." --Josef Albers

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carol Buchner

22 Jan 2010      

stexstme
France

I loved the Buddhist proverb..!

Thank you for these lovely quotes - esp. when you �re rather down than up..Smile

May all of you have a nice ..;day/evening/night.

22 Jan 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

And I like the last one. Thanks!

22 Jan 2010     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

Thanks Julia! Let �s go on working then... ;)

22 Jan 2010     

stexstme
France

@Sonn : i liked the last one too ! - :o))))
Dear Julia, what a lovely post!! Thank you!

22 Jan 2010     

serenity light
Kuwait

Thanks for sharing with us these nice quotes.

23 Jan 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Lovely quotes!!! Thanks for sharing  with us!!

23 Jan 2010     

lillizen
Brazil

Thanks, lovely quotes.

I don �t teach kids at school, but I have three "kids" at home and I just loved this one:

"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins

I always try to do that, to make �em think for themselves. (y)

Thanks again. ^.^

23 Jan 2010     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

I like the first quote very much.  Do share it with us often :)

23 Jan 2010     

volga
United States

I like the last one. It is so very true! That �s how I remember my teachers. Actually, I don �t remember the bad ones, I remember those who made me feel successful and proud of my work. ;O)

Thank you, Julia!

23 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you Julia, these words are lovely! I also like the last one, which automatically reminded me of my math teacher at high school, who was such an awesome person. She always made you feel you could succeed.... And she was called Julia too!
Great memories!

23 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >