Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Valentine ´s Day: Commercial hype or romantic opportunity?    

Valentine ´s Day: Commercial hype or romantic opportunity?

Samantha.esl
Italy

Well, we discussed this today in class and I have to think that my students are too young and idealists then!.. Almost all of them voted for it being a romantic, special day to celebrate and treat your husband, wife, lover, friend, etc!!!

13 Feb 2010     

chisab
Italy

Well I think your students are mostly right! WE have to be "dreamers"! Moreover I �m from Terni (Italy) and St. Valentine is our Patron Saint, so, I could I think differently! Happy St. Valentine �s day!
Chiara
PS There �s non need to buy presents for the ones you love, you can make it!

13 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I think it �s a commercial thing invented to sell as much as possible - like mother �s day... - and yet I do celebrate it: nothing fancy, just a romantic dinner at home or an evening in town... sometimes, when you have been with someone for a long time, you get caught by everyday �s routine, and valentine �s day is just a nice way to remember that we �re in love... okay, i �m an hopeless romantic, but i won �t apologize... we all need love, so celebrating love isn �t such a bad thing, even though I find quite ridiculous the decorations in the shops, the "red and pink" everywhere...
Honestly, who would be angry on receiving a red rose or a valentine �s card tomorrow??
no offense to anyone, I understand your arguments, I don �t want people to think i �m for the commercial aspect of this day, i just think that we should celebrate love, even though it �s just with a phone call!!!

Elodie, a French hopeless romantic who found love on the internet 5 years ago!!!

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2