Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question about the new rule: moderators must have 10000 points    

A question about the new rule: moderators must have 10000 points

Aimee/S.
Israel

A question about the new rule: moderators must have 10000 points

I agree with Victor that moderators must have more than 1000 points. But I have a bit of a problem with the new rule: 10000 points.

I had a look at different countries, some haven �t reached that number yet. It means that members from some countries can �t act as moderators. I just wonder if it �s fair.

I don �t have a clear suggestion (I �m not good at numbersLOL) but maybe it should be more proportional?

Let �s say, if the first member of the country has 5000 points, then he/she could have the right to be a moderator? Is it possible, Victor, or will it be too complicated?

I �d like to hear your opinions!

Have a nice day,

Aimee

18 Feb 2010      

Zora
Canada

LOL - you got lost in the thread yesterday too I see! lol (so did I - had to reread it again this morning.)

Victor has decided that 10,000 is too little and that over 5000 is about right. So I guess that answers your question! Wink

18 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Victor was talking about it in that topic about the new rules. He suggested 5000 points is enough to be a moderator.

18 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Wow, thanks, Linda!
I didn �t see that... Too many events over the last few days...
So 5000 points is enough! Great!!!

Have a great day,
Love,
Aimee

18 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

I like aimee �s suggestion - if there is no one in a certain country that  has enough points - then let the one with highest number of points represent that country.

It would also make the work easier for the moderators because they would know of sites that teachers from their country use.   

What do you think?

Hugs
Barbara

18 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

It �s fine, Barbara, victor has agreed to 5000 points yesterday. I didn �t follow the whole post!
Have a nice day!

18 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

I like Barbara �s idea! ( & Aim�e �sLOL) Sounds fair..
Big smile

18 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I don �t think this should be about countries. Are we going to make Jianana Biancomotu (nick JianB) from the Central African Republic a moderator because he �s got 3 points and he �s the only one from that country? Pig

This shouldn�t be about nationalities as there is no way to check those. BTW, I am not Chinese. Cool

18 Feb 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

I �d say between 3000 and 5000 is a sufficient number to become a moderator.

18 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

Perhaps, Victor should choose the moderators. Someone suggested this yesterday, but I �m sorry that I can �t remember whom.

18 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Philip has the point. I �m Russian but i live in Bahrain, so which country do i represent? And what keeps me from saying that i �m from Central African Republic to become a moderator?

18 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >