Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > WHERE IS ladybird?    

WHERE IS ladybird?

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

WHERE IS ladybird?

I was looking for one of her WS and i cant find her account is somethign wrong with the system?

18 Feb 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Yes, Liz! I was wondering about her disappearance too. What happened? Does someone have an explanation?

18 Feb 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

she must have cancelled her account :-((
What happened?

18 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Ladybird asked me to remove her account.  She didn �t give me any reasons.

18 Feb 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Oh no :( But why????????? Unhappy What bad news !!!! Cry

18 Feb 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

When Victor started the first thread with the rules, announcing there would be changings (including moderators with 10000points), Ladybird wrote a quite disappointed message, saying that she would reach 10000 points in maybe one and a half years from now on. She said that her wss are mainly readings and they don �t get as many points as the grammar wss do... Could this be part of the reason?

18 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

maybe she didnt like the new rules how sad

18 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

It was before the new rules.

18 Feb 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Oh, but she did say that she wouldn�t reach 10.000 points in ages, so she must have known that the number of required points was going to go up dramatically.
Yes, that might easily be the reason.
She did a lot of very serious and thorough moderating, there was no one who was as thorough, dedicated and as knowledgeable as she (well, maybe David, too, and he, too, has taken some time off ESL).
I always admired the amount of time ladybird spent on detecting sites the worksheets had been stolen from...
She MUST have felt that all this hard work she had been doing was not appreciated.
Pity I never got her real name and address, she only lives about 30 km from me, that �s all I know.

18 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

It was Libertybelle who said that. Ladybird couldn �t know that, and surely she wouldn �t leave us for that reason.

18 Feb 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I am sure someone here has her email address. If somebody does, please, drop her a letter saying we are very sad to discover she asked to remove her account. I always enjoyed her WSs and her posts on the forum. She has done a lot of good things for the website.

18 Feb 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >