Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT ´S THE MATTER: it´s only day (1)    

WHAT ´S THE MATTER: it´s only day (1)

sassouki
Tunisia

WHAT ´S THE MATTER: it´s only day (1)

I see that on of my printables has been reported as it �s the case with other printables which are good and useful!  this attack on worksheets because of watermarked pictures is unfair and inconsiderate. don �t forget that some of us have seen the RULES today and the printables were sent yesterday. loosen up please!  it seems as if all printables HAVE BEEN SCANNED for watermarked pictures without looking at the content and for someone like me who has spent a lot of time working on that worksheet with the will to share quality work, it �s really humiliating and degrading

19 Feb 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

As I could see your wss and others were sent to the reporting page but moderators will give the members the opportunity to get used to the new rules before voting for the removal of wss with this kind of "minor" infraction.

I �m not voting but I noticed they are trying to be fair and give members some time to adjust their work to the new rules.

She is a fair member and I �m sure the intention was not penalize, but clarify. We have to understand that the moderators also need a period of time to get used to the new rules, so let �s give them the time.

We �re all learning together, let �s give each other some time.

Thanks for your comprehension on this case.

19 Feb 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

As far as I unerstood the new rules are to be applied to the new printables and the old ones should stay if  they are not copies, right?

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, you �re right sonn. But her ws is among the recent contributions today.Tecnically she uploaded it before the new rules were set (Feb. 17th). Could we ask moderators to vote wss infringing the new rules from the ones on the recent contributions page in Feb.20th? So we�d be sure they prepared / uploaded them after agreeing with the new rules. Could we just send the author a PM advising him to update the printable instead of reporting?

19 Feb 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Oh, I see.

19 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

With you, Sassouki!!

19 Feb 2010     

sassouki
Tunisia

but I only saw the rules today and my printables was sent YESTERDAY! it �s a recent contribution which has been sent before TODAY!

19 Feb 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Well, maybe sassouki is right because she pressed the accept button only today and didn �t know about the changes.

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

sassouki, I said you agreed with the new rules AFTER uploading the ws. It is on the recent contribution page today, but maybe we should wait until everyone who �s uploading have accepted the new rules.

You see? She �s right reporting a ws on the recent page today, and you are also right because you didn �t accept the rules before sending it.

So should we have a "grace" period before removing ws that are infringing the new rules?

19 Feb 2010     

sassouki
Tunisia

in order not to hurt anyone �s feelings, I removed the names of my post. I don �t have nor do I want problems with people, afterall we�re all part of one community of teachers.

19 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I wonder if Victor should add to the rules:
"Be friendly, kind and helpful to each other".
Because it seems that some people need this rule too!!!

19 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >