Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported wss and their owners     

Reported wss and their owners

donapeter
Romania

Reported wss and their owners

Dear all,

I have read Regina �s story about being reported three times. I am a moderator and I want to ask the other moderators a simple question....I can see a reported ws on the moderators � page- HOW CAN I SEE WHO THE OWNER IS? If moderators can see the owner of a certain ws, as Regina �s for instance, they can Goggle it and see that Regina is the same person as Blunderbuster and she uploaded her own ws on 2 different sites!!! But if we can �t see the owner .....we may assume that the ws is stolen from Regina �s blog or site as we can see a reported ws and a valid link!

I hope i made myself clear and someone, maybe Victor himself, can answer my question. 

13 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Dona! I believe there is no way to see who the owner is.

Hugs,
mena

13 Mar 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Ok then....is that a correct way to moderate? and to judge and to report a ws? ( we can report a ws made by its author but uploaded on 2 sites as in Regina�s case)
Just asking!

13 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I also wish we could see who the author of the reported worksheet is

13 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

(luckily) I am not a moderator any more , but I once reported several wss of Czech teacher as copies from the net. Only later I realized he �s been one of the busiest contributors on the other site and I still don �t feel good about it even thought it has been sorted out. Unfortunately some weeks after this another moderator reported his wss again and I found out too late so they were removed for the second time. He was really angry and was thinking about cancelling his account here because the 2nd time he was reported there was already notice about him contributing at the other site.
Why I wrote all that above? Because I believe, just as donapeter said, the moderators can harm someone if they have no opportunity to check whose ws do they vote on.
Have a nice day, Michaela

13 Mar 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I think Michaela talks about Roman Svozilek. He is only one case here. We don �t want this thing to be repeated, right? 

13 Mar 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

I for one agree with Donapeter. I �m a new baby to this site and hav �nt uploaded anything yet and I would not like the moderators to make the same mistake as they have clearly done here with the worksheet being uploaded from Regina �s own building hands and just as she has done from her own blog site or downloaded it onto another website.

Just saying this as I have some downloading worksheet �s on another website, and will download the same ones on this website. After all they do belong to me...!

SO MY MESSEGE IS MODERATORS PLEASE DON �T PLAY (GOD) MAKE SURE I �TS A COPY BEFORE REPORTING THIS WORKSHEET AS STOLEN :(

13 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Yeah, it �s not very nice that moderators don �t see the name of the user reported. They should be able to see his name to know if copyrighted material is in fact his creation or just to see the other wss by him. May be Victor can put a name of the user in the popup like it happens in the recent contributions when you put a mouse over a ws you see who created it.

13 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@at Readbull, I �m sorry, but since you mentioned you are "new" to the site, I must tell you that no one is trying to play God when moderating/reporting. At least I cannot see it that way.

Moderators can, too, make mistakes, not even mistakes, misunderstandings.
If you have wss in this site and in others, make sure to put a note in the description when you start uploading. However, how do you expect people to know they belong to you if you don �t even give us your name. Not that you have to, but people must start understanding that reporting and moderating is a service members provide, not a disfavor.

I reported a ws from a member that I found in a Spanish website, it turned out to be actually stolen from here, amongst others. Hadn �t I reported, we wouldn �t even know about that website taking wss from here.

regina had her wss reported and they �ll definitely stay, because moderators are here just for that, reason about the sites concerns and interests.

Best regards,

Bruna

13 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@Yulia... Great idea, you should pm it to Victor.

13 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Welcome Redbull

Just a quick note: everybody (moderators or not) are able to report wss...

Moderators do not play the role of God, they are here to keep the site clean, we help and commit mistakes and we apologize if we commmit one.

13 Mar 2010     

1    2    3    Next >