Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ---    

---

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear Regina and all. I �m really sorry to hear that. I have never had a ws reported by mistake, so I don �t know how you are feeling, but I guess that since you have a clean conscience you don �t have to be so angry, obviously it �s disappointing, but don �t let Eslprintables get that much into you.

You wrote that you want to have lots of downloads since you �ve been harmed because of the site �s system... are you here just for points? I guess you �re not, then why get so offended?

Moderators know you �re not a cheater, and I myself as a member wouldn �t even know about this if it wasn �t for the threads you posted.

What I mean is, this is a FREE SHARING SITE, and as such, it �s nearly impossible to create a perfect flawless system, most people do their best in here, and I think we should consider them much more than the minotity that cheats or deceives.

I hope you don �t leave, and if you stay, I hope no mistakes happen again, but if they do, try to understand the nature of this system, HUMANS WORKING.

Best of luck

Bruna.

14 Mar 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

ladies, do keep things in perspective ... no reason to have a Sunday ruined ... 

14 Mar 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Regina,
This reporting has happened at least 20 times to Alenka and many times to other ARTISTIC members with their own blogs / websites. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE so please DO NOT FEEL OFFENDED!
The only way to prevent the reporting is to change the message at the bottom of all your documents, I am afraid...
The non-editable balls + the multiple copyright messages resemble the scanned copyrighted activities from books or websites. Your pictures look too professional, too perfect. Wink There are tons of similar worksheets RIGHTLY reported and deleted every day and those worksheets ARE real copies...
You may add some more information to the professional notice

"Copyright Regina & The Blunder Busters (Regina Voitl, Germany). Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden."

Maybe you should add something like -
Enjoy my original work, Regina BluderBuster from eslprintables. (My website is : xxx)

PLEASE REMEMBER, VICTOR CAN RESTORE THE WRONGLY DELETED WORKSHEETS AND POINTS !

BTW: All moderators are voting to stay, so your jobs ball will not be removed!

Little joke - Maybe the reporting is the price for sharing too artistic and technically perfect wss and professional layouts :-)) Maybe all the wrongly accused members should take the reporting as a praise, because the work look so perfect, it was reported...
Sorry... I know it is hard, but I am sure you can overcome your hurt feelings and continue contributing, if you try...
AS I mentioned before, VICTOR CAN FIX IT and is willing to help you !

14 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear all, I have been receiving the most wonderful support, openly and behind the scenes. Thank you.

I would also like to thank Victor for having had a look and for implementing the necessary changes so quickly.

I know the world does not need my printables and I know that I can live without this site equally well. I do not take myself too seriously but I am also known for not raising a stink if the air is fresh. I am no Pollyanna, I admit that, but I am honest, open, and not afraid.

No, I am not after the points as one member suggested, I think the people who know my work can see that lots of passion for the matter and countless hours of work have gone into it, needless to elaborate on that then. My statement about the downloads that I expect was a humorous one, I guess that could not be detected between the lines, even raging cows can have a sense of humor. (I expect the number of downloads to be fairly low anyway, because it seems to be a weak spot of most teachers. They do say that in order to learn we should teach, however, do we want to teach what we are not familiar with ourselves? So, whatever happens is okay with me. Should the set get reported again, please remove all three ws and not just one. Thanks.) I also meant it yesterday when I wrote my "I love this" thread here in the forum.....

Anyway, I have been reported yet again for another contribution and it didn �t even bother me. Sorry to have caused you guys work, I assume things have been changed for the common better. 

Kind regards
Regina

14 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

I find your work particularly helpful Regina, especially given my weakness in the area of phonetics - it makes my life much easier (especially as my job makes us write action plans for the year and I stupidly said I �d work on my use of phonetics in the classroom - now I will have lots of nice materials to show my company how I am learning and growing as a person!)

As for the points - I think very few of us are here for the points but I find seeing how many people download my work a fairly accurate guide to how well-received it will be in the classroom. The same with other people �s work - the worksheets which get the most points tend to be (about 80-90% of the time) the worksheets that my students find most helpful. I admit to using the site as a �testing ground � for new materials as well as a place to experiment as I am involved in a lot of materials production for my school at the moment!

However when one member, such as Regina (and I �m sure others), is constantly having her work reported, despite it clearly being her own, I do feel she has a right to be angry and to raise the point in the forums. It �s obviously not a criticism of the moderators, who I �m sure everyone knows do a fantastic job, but it might raise awareness in newer members who get a little reporting-happy and may think twice when they see her post.

Regards from Spain!

Lindsey

14 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3