Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > worksheets for adults    

worksheets for adults

ants
Switzerland

I also teach adults...all different levels.

I offer coffee and always have a break if the lesson goes over an hour.
My adults like the socializing aspect of my courses....it helps that I teach privately and so can afford to make time for 10 minute breaks while discussing grammar.
I �m now using big verb flashcards and that helps a lot with speaking.
Warm regards to everyone!!
Fiona

23 Mar 2010     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

I have adults students too, age from 29 - 45, a lot of speaking is needed.

Euphe

23 Mar 2010     

anchad
Algeria

Hi aftab
why use ONLY worksheets from this site?
From my experience I have very  serious doubts as to whether ESL printables  alone can be enough to meet the huge   and demanding needs of adults
I always complete with a lot of other various resources

23 Mar 2010     

douglas
United States

I teach strictly adults.  I often download worksheets here and modify them (clip art AND text) to fit my students needs. 

I like using speeches or videos on you tube with written text to accompany them too.

They loved the Steve Job �s speech to Stanford �s graduating class for example.

Douglas

23 Mar 2010     

Songsgalore
Spain

I also teach general English to adults of different levels -basic, intermediate and advanced. At the moment I �m just teaching upper-intermediate and advanced.

Good luck!

23 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Aftab

I teach all ages but this year I am contracted mostly to teach upper-int. international students preparing for tertiary entrance.  I LOVE IT! 

Like some of the other members I use a collection of resources.  I don �t think I could rely soley on this site or even on any one resource.  I am constantly searching for good resources and ideas from a variety of esl and non-esl sites, books, journals as well as from the forum here.  In fact, I get a lot of fantastic ideas just from reading the forum.  As soon as I see a good link I add it to my Delicious bookmarking site for future reference (I got that idea from Zailda when she posted it on the forum - such a lifesaver of an idea).  If it �s an amazing idea I copy and paste it into a word document that I keep on my pc.  We don �t use course books and I love that.

Cheers

Jayho

23 Mar 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I also teach adults, teens and kids. I use a coursebook and lots of speaking and listening activities. I also give them some colourful worksheets from esl printables, I chose those which have images more adapted for adults. I like readings i can discuss with them.

23 Mar 2010     

rakelsg
Peru

Hello everyone,
I taught Children at kindergarten and primary school for many years. In the present, I teach teenagers at highschool, but I also teach at a language center and my students are teens and adults. Most of my students come after work or university. It �s always a challenge to motivate them, but fortunatelly I �ve realized that believe or not, they are like big kids. I make them speak in class, sometimes it �s a bit difficult though. But, I found out they also enjoy rewards, so I bring some candies to class and when the first one who participates gets a candy, in that moment everyone else wants to participate too.
I also give them worksheets as well as using lots of different resources in my class such as visual aids, realia, music, videos, etc.
I love this site because here I �ve found lots of interesting ideas to use in my classes. Thanks to everyone.

Hugs from Peru,

Raquel.

23 Mar 2010     

joebcn
Andorra

Hi Aftab,
I �m teaching adults, too.
 Some are teenagers who have not managed to finish their Secondary education in a high school and some are older. The levels I teach are beginner and intermediate.
 I also teach students who want to get into the professional education and have to take an entry examination. The English level in this test is upper intermediate.
Most of my worksheets deal with reading and writing activities because the exam consists of a reading comprehension and a composition.
I wish you good luck!Thumbs Up
Joe 

23 Mar 2010     

Missfrancisca
Spain

I teach adults as well, so if you need any help jsut let me know. Best wishes.

23 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >