Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Can you check if that makes sense    

Can you check if that makes sense

dulek
Poland

Can you check if that makes sense

Hello teachers. I �ve translated this into English for sb and I �m not sure it is correct. I t needs to be 100% perfect as it �s going to be on the website.Can anyone correct it if it needs correcting please,please,please.

Sandstone

Being easy to work has made sandstone common building and decorative material that has been used for many years in the bulding industry.  It   may be any color, and occurs in shades of red,white,grey and yellow.

Wall stone

Elevations, building cladding,facades

Floors,stairs

Paving elements

Garden design elements

28 Mar 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Wish I could help, but I can �t understand the first sentence, and the second part is not visible...
edit: did you mean that sandstone is easy to work with?

28 Mar 2010     

dulek
Poland

I �ve taken the expression "being easy to work" from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandstone (the first sentence of the second paragraph)

I don �t know if I can use it �like I �ve done in my sentence.�

28 Mar 2010     

len.len
Poland

I don �t understand the first sentence too :(. My sister, who is a certified translator, always says that simplicity is the key to translating.
If it �s going to be on web, rewrite all in simple structures because it �s too vague...
To be honest, I think that the first sentence is not grammatically correct... but this is only my opinion...

Good luck!

28 Mar 2010     

sulekra
Australia

Being easy to work with has made sandstone a common building...
I would change building industry to construction industry so you don �t use building twice, and may to can...

28 Mar 2010     

sulekra
Australia

...but you could you just work in terms of a person �s ability to mold and sculpt it for example...

28 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

sulekra - is correct.  to work - here means to manipulate or change the shape of...

It comes in different colors...

28 Mar 2010     

dulek
Poland

Thanks all of you for your help. I have changed it a bit. Does it look better now?�

Sandstone
Its main advantage is that it is easy material to work with and therefore it has been widely used for building and decorative applications (over the years). It may be any color and comes in shades of red, white, grey and yellow

I �ve put "over the years" in brackets as I�m not sure if that sounds fine.

Thank you again for your useful comments.

28 Mar 2010