Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > esl resources    

esl resources

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I have never seen Victoria �s reported ws and I wasn �t referring to her personally when I said that in my opinion people are just too lazy to look for suitable images on the Internet in general, and I did also say explicitly that I don �t want to offend anyone. I �m just stating my personal point of view, that �s all. No one has to put on that shoe if it doesn �t fit them. ;))

What really is  �utter nonsense � is to call Victoria �one of the most hard-working persons that has ever existed on this site �, because how would anybody know who the most hard-working people in this site are?? I don �t know Victoria, but of course I believe that she is very hard-working and therefore definitely not lazy. What I don �t believe is that she is �one of the most hard-working persons that has ever existed on this site�, sorry!! I�m convinced that many of us work as hard as she does!

Anyway, I still think it �s not necessary to take pictures from dictionaries (which definitely are an ESL resource) and as Liz said it �s not allowed by Victor, so I think we shouldn �t argue about this issue. Copyright issues may not be so easy to define, but our administrator�s wishes are!! If the rules are still not clear for some people, they should ask Victor to clarify them in public again.

29 Mar 2010     

cutemisswang
Taiwan

Well....I reported some worksheets which had images scanned from the book"Word By Word" before we had the new rules. Victor didn �t delete all of them because he said the author added her own exercises. I accepted Victor �s decision. But this time we have a new rule----Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises. So when I saw ws with images scanned from an ESL book, I reported it. I don �t think I am wrong. We are "stupidly strict" while we are trying to obey the rules. Then what about those who are against the rules?

If teachers want to use those picture dictionary books, they can use them in the classroom but not share them here on the net. To me it �s not fair use. Send an e-mail to the publisher and  see if they call this "Fair Use." I �d like to know that too.

I �m not an old member, but I try to follow every rules. And I don �t think it �s hard. Several years ago,I bought many CDs with lots of cliparts which I could use in my classroom. I think everyone can do that. Now I use my own pictures in my worksheets.(Of course not many teachers can do that.) If someone uses my pictures without my permission, I won �t be happy, but if he or she has my permission to use them, evetything is ok then. What I �m trying to say is there are ways to get images we can use. Why against the rules?

Jessie

29 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

@Topolina: You have not been a member here for very long it seems! However you know and define rules as if you had practised them for a long time!Smile As  I said, you are really gifted because even after being a member for a long time and under the same name, I find it quite difficult at times to understand some rules!
Apart from exchanging work this site carries and has carried for a long time a lot of emotional , humane and  generous bond even if we did disagree on a few things! Lots of members here have become true friends and the friendship goes behind the site! So what I have learned is to respect and support these people when they are unfairly reported. ( I maintain!)

29 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Mariethe House, how do you know whether I �m a young member in this site?? Maybe I registered 2 years ago and just haven�t uploaded anything for a long time? ;) I �m not gifted at all, I�ve just read the forum a lot and I�ve also read the new rules very, very thoroughly, because I don �t want to make any mistakes. To be reported is definitely not a nice experience I suppose, so I do everything to avoid being the victim of an unfair report!!

I �m very happy for everyone who has found close friends in this website and it is your right to defend people whose wss have been reported unfairly. I just don �t agree with you in this special case, that �s all...

29 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

There was a whole debate in February about fairness and rules and that debate led to a new set of rules that we had to agree to once they were in place.

I don �t think cutemisswang did anything wrong when she reported. I �m not a moderator anymore so I did not know who the printable referred to but would we have this same debate if it was a newbie to this site?

29 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I cannot believe my eyes.Cry I thought Victor has stated the rules very clearly and now it seems that some people already don �t like them.
I really admire Victoria but the rules are for all the same and if she used copyrighted material or something Victor doesn �t want to have here, we should respect it. He is the owner and he (and only he) would carry possible consequences out. Is it too hard to understand that?
If Victoria broke the rules I am afraid her ws was reported according to rules and there is nothing unfair in that. I don �t understand this attitude. She is not only hard-working member here (Victoria, if you read this, believe, this is not personal at all and I will always admire your work). Does that mean topolina or members with less points are not working hard? I don �t think so.
Peace to all nice and hard-working people on the Earth.

EDIT: @manonski: I believe there wouldn�t. Is it fair?

29 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hey guys, how would you feel if you were a publishing house and someone did that to you? Fairness shouldn �t only be applied to the little people.

Regina

29 Mar 2010     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Dear friends,
sorry , I wasn �t online. Weare celebrating my son �s birthday at the moment.
I �m sorry to see that my worksheet has caused such a stir on the forum.

It was  my MISTAKE. I thought that we were allowed to use the single picture and add our own activities.
 for all your hard work and sharing wonderful worksheets.
I agree with you.
 I guess I �m going to have to be careful in the future.

I removed the third ws ( Feeling )as well.
Thanks for your kind support dear friends.
Have a great day,afternoon or evening...

29 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

@ Mj misa... I think you should read more attentively the previous answers, especially Ishorton �s.. The  limit is sometimes not clearly defined! I am not talking about not liking rules but about what esl resources are! Apparently it is very clear for you but is not for some of us and besides rules, there are other reasons to speak for a member on this site!

There is one point I agree with you ( ah ah!!) I work very hard too and I have much fewer points than lots of people here! But I have improved ( would you believe it? My work does not really show!! Contents are not bad!though!!Wink) and if I have improved it is thanks to some people here who gave me a hand and a very helppful hand!! So, thank you for these very talented and generous members here!

29 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Victoria,
as I wrote, there was nothing personal. I wish only the best to you and your son - may he be only pleasure to you.Heart

29 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >