Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Feeling confused!!!    

Feeling confused!!!

spring
Turkey

Feeling confused!!!

Good evening everybody..
I just wanna point out smth that I found bizarre..
Up to last week,daily uploaded materials used to be around 40-45 pages..
But for about a week I am seeing pages above 80.
Yeah this is good from one point:The popularity of the site is growing.As a natural result;our family is enlarging with new members and contributions increase in number.
But from an another point I see many blank or corrupted pages or pages "really" poor in content/appearence.
Many of the printables stay with zero download.This is just a kind of mess.
In my opinion,one of the reasons of uploading problems results from this mess.
We have 30 free downloads a day.Contributions increase but the number of  downloads I do every night hasn�t changed yet.(In this case,I should need more free downloads cos the amount of ws increased;yet I don�t need)
So I really didn�t understand  if  90 pages of contribution that I see everyday is something good or bad!!!!
There is also something that increased in number and that is CORRUPTION and STEALING.

I know every teacher has different needs for their ss.Some looks for content,some looks for appealing.Iam not talking about this.I am talking about the materials that are really POOR QUALITY.
So let�s all help Victor.
PINAR..

20 Nov 2008      

Pacchy
Argentina

I agree with you. It takes a long time to check all the printables and choose the ones you like. There are more new contributions each day but I rarely download more than twenty. It would be great that some teachers only upload their worksheets once they feel they are of high quality. In this way, they can get points  (because as you say there are hundreds of worksheets which end up with 0 points, even the stolen ones)and all the contributions will be worth downloading.

I don�t want to sound rude or unpolite but I think this is a way of improving ourselves as well as our teaching materials.

Kisses,

Pat

20 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Goood evening to you Pinar and Good evening to you Pacchy! I couldn�t agree with you more!! Sometimes, when I�m searching for a download, I get this strange feeling that someone is mocking me!! Us!!! I have no idea why! Unhappy

20 Nov 2008     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello all. What do you think about deleting those printables with 0 points not after a month but next day.

silvana

20 Nov 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

I agree with you....the problem with this situation is that it takes sooooo long to look at all the new contributions that most of the time I don�t have the time to do it properly and just download a few of them that seem suitable to me. I probably miss a lot of good worksheets but they are lost in a mass of worksheets that as you said don�t even get one download. The problem is that I�m not sure I have an idea or an answer to this situation. How can we help Victor? I�m afraid your idea Pacchy can be quite a subjective problem...some may really think their worksheet will get points and won�t expect them not be downloaded. In the same way, I suppose new users who really need points upload all the material they can in order to get points.
And what if we were all limited and could not upload more then one worksheet a day? What do you think?

20 Nov 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Hi Spring

You made a great point about the poor quality of some wss. I agree with you all . Your idea is very good Silvanija. If 0-downloaded wss are deleted next day, the system�s overload might decrease.

Keep Smiling!

20 Nov 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Hi Marshmallow

WOW!!! Too many thinks to take into consideration. That�s not an easy issue. We�re going to have to give it a thought.

20 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I don�t agree, sorry :) but, in my opinion the more the better. �I noticed that you talked about having to look through 80 or 90 new worksheets to find 1 or 2 to download. �Most of you have enough points so you don�t need to look at these new ws every day. �I also noticed that some new members are able to convince a lot of you to download their ws as a kind of favour. �This isn�t a popularity contest. �The ws with 0 downloads may be the one I need tomorrow. �As for poor quality; not the content / image debate agian please. �Although I have noticed and increasing number of spelling and gramatical mistakes; I think people are rushing to upload. �As for taking a long time. �Click on the member instead. �I regularily look at at some of your work by right clicking on your name. �Tisha, I see you added a christmas webquest ws. �I still go through the new ws too. :) �But then I don�t have thousands of points like you guys. �Excellent point Ladybird. �I shall try it today. Thank you.

20 Nov 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Great idea ladybird. But I still think that something could be done to improve the situation. Colorful or not colorful, some wss have a very bad quality and have many mistakes. I�m far from perfect, but we all should think twice before we upload a ws. Is it good enough to be uploaded?

20 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

I understand you .I�m new on this forum and I�ve just started teaching.I�ve uploaded some materials which I honestly admit are of really very poor quality compare to yours.And to my great surprised and joy some of you here encouraged me by downloading my work and giving me tips how to improve and to you all I say a big THANK YOUThumbs Up I personally think that we teachers are here to share our knowledge to our pupils and colleagues ,if we do not upload our work however mediocre they are ,how are we going to improve? Just give us a chance to improve please.Cry

20 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

Ladybird I couldn�t agree more with you ,but I do think that we can help each other to correct them just as you did with mine.And personally I did appreciate it.

20 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >