Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why don īt people leave comments?    

Why don īt people leave comments?

magneto
Greece

Why don īt people leave comments?

Hello, everyone!
...I just want to nag a little...Why don īt people leave any comments when they download contributions?...And I īm not talking about things like "great" or "excellent"...a simple "thanks for sharing" would do...
That īs all. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

30 Apr 2010      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

EVERYONE SHOULD LEAVE A COMMENT!THIS WAY WE CAN SEE WHO IS ACTIVE!

30 Apr 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Leaving a comment is also a way of checking whether or not you have already downloaded it or not!

but, really guys...it īs simple manners!!!

30 Apr 2010     

magneto
Greece

Yes, my point exactly. Saying "thank you" is also a way to show someone you appreciate their work...You may or may not use it in the end, or you may think other people contribute much better work (which is very often true), but a simple "thank you" shows that at least you appreciate their effort...I mean, so far about 260 people have downloaded my work and I īve only had about 15 comments...And I know my work isn īt as good as that of other contributors, so I don īt expect anything too enthusiastic, but it feels really bad to not even see a "thanks" comment...
I īm also pretty sure I īm not the only one with this problem...
Thank you for supporting this, LILIAAMALIA and joy2bill
Have a nice daySmile

30 Apr 2010     

caroay
Spain

I agree with you guys.. I think it īs just nice to know the "names" of the people that we are sharing our work with.... I sometimes have fun imagining where in the world they might be using one of my worksheets or online exercises!! Plus when we download something from somebody, we are benefiting from their work. We should all make a point of saying "Thanks" every time we download something! Wouldn īt we do it in real life when someone helps us out!?
Have a great day of teaching!
Carolina

30 Apr 2010     

inmaaa86
Spain

Dear colleagues

everyday I download many ws and I usually say thank you and other comments . It īs a questions of manners and thankfulness. I hate when I see wonderful ws and very few good comments. It īs easy to ssay thank you and you only need a litttle time and when the person receive the compliments is so happy that this deserves to be done. We should be more considerate with others and more generous. I love this site but this is the only thing I dont like (people not saying thank you)
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT JOB WE ARE SHARING TOGETHER.

30 Apr 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Hello, everyone!
...I just want to nag a little...Why don īt people leave any comments when they download contributions?

Why don īt people offer seats to the elderly? Why don īt people hold the lift for you? Why doesn īt my bus driver smile?

Totally, totally, totally up to the individual.

Don īt worry about what others do .... worry about what YOU do. And ....

Don īt get mad ....... get even!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 Apr 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Darryl, I agree with you.

30 Apr 2010     

magneto
Greece

Wow... Huge response!
Darryl, I really liked the final part of your answerLOL...But, as you said, it īs up to the individual...and, unfortunately, I īm not the not-leaving-a-comment type...Oh, wellUnhappy
Anyway, thank you all for answering and have a great dayHug

30 Apr 2010     

red_sneakers
Indonesia

I agree. leaving comments don īt take more than 10 to 15 seconds of our time but it means a lot to people who get it! I don īt come here to download or upload very often but I try to leave comments for the ones I downloaded. I know it always makes me smile if I log in and see that someone has left a comment on my work. people should really comment more often!

30 Apr 2010     

magita
Croatia

well, worse things can happen. What if you arranged with a teacher (from Switzerland) to exchange postcards, and they didn īt answer at all!!!  After your pupils did their very best. They keep asking me about that and I really can īt think of any more excuses for such a behavior. I hope the teacher will recognize herself while reading my post. 

30 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >