Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Is my thinking different to other peoples?    

Is my thinking different to other peoples?

teachertonyinchina
China

Is my thinking different to other peoples?

I find it quite absurd that after uploading a full set of flashcards of the alphabet they were rejected. The reason because I had not included pictures.  I made them without pictures so they could be used with any book.  Who wants to use a flashcard with a picture on it when there is a different picture for that letter in the book you are teaching from? Then to make matters worse in the new worksheet section there were bookmarkers, something with no educational value at all. Are letter flashcards not an important tool when teaching new students?

18 May 2010      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Let me see if I got this straight... you �re complaining that out of virtual 339530 registered users, how come no one found your letter flashcard useful... is that it?

It �s more like a riddle, isn �t it?

18 May 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

No it was not allowed.  Why would you assume a riddle?

18 May 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Are letter flashcards not an important tool when teaching new students?

1. In Europe, America, Australia and parts of Africa , people use the alphabet - so....those teachers do not need flashcards when teaching a second/foreign language. In general the kids know how to write/read when they start studying the second/foreign language.

2. Many of us don �t teach elementary English....so the students have already a base - no need to teach them letters. 

3. It is the 100th time , i guess , when someone uploads an alphabet- so there are plenty of it. 

18 May 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I have downloaded some great bookmarks here at this site.
The ones I �m using at the moment have little reminders on them
about grammar. The others have spelling, the days of the week
or numbers spelled out in letters.
You shouldn �t generalize!
L

18 May 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! What makes you say that your set was rejected? I believe you have zero points so far because your set was in the reported contributions page yesterday and so it was frozen. I �m sure it will appear in tomorrow �s contributions again (it  was not removed for I can see it is still in your page) and then people will be able to download it. If they want, that is. If it doesn �t appear, please contact victor.

Have a nice day,
mena

18 May 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hello!
i don �t want to be rude, but you shouldn �t complain that your ws was not downloaded... no one should in fact...
you cannot force people to download your work! and you mustn �t blame people for downloading something that seems "USELESS" to you... i �ve uploaded a few ws that didn �t get many download, but never mind, i deleted them and updated them...
anyway, as someone said yesterday on another post, you just need 30 points, once you got them (and it seems that you have reached that limit, right?) you don �t need more points because there are plenty of ws to choose from in the new contributions!!!
so please don �t complain, that �s not a very nice kind of behaviour!

18 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

elojolie, I couldn �t agree more.
On top of that, making a list of enlarged letters isn �t really a big achievement, is it? For me, it wouldn �t be an enormous timesaver, it �s something you can do yourself in a minute or two...

18 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

In my opinion   letter flaschcards shouldn �t be considered esl resources. Of course, there are coutries with an other kind of alpahabet, but even so, it isn �t very difficult t type a,b,c. And as donapeter said, there are already plenty. A user could make the flashcards one day, change the colour and the font, upload them the next day again , and so on. It doesn �t feel right to me. The same as it doesnt feel right to accept a worksheet where we have a picture and the title: Describe the picture. For me, this is not an ESL resource. Could we have a free alphabet section ( like the template section)? Who needed an alphabet could download for free.

18 May 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

The reason I uploaded them was because I looked for some( a - z) to download to save time and there wasn �t any. I don �t care about points! I TOTALY AGREE that they aren �t difficult to make. As I made them I thought other people might want to save time by using them. I am beginning to think some people care more about points than helping each other on this site.

18 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

"I am beginning to think some people care more about points than helping each other on this site. "

-->>

maybe some actually do, teachertony.
so what?
We can �t tell people what their priorities should be, can we?
we can �t impose our morals on them, can we?

18 May 2010     

1    2    Next >