Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Message removed    

Message removed

blunderbuster
Germany

Actually, Topolina, I asked myself this question as well and I didn �t think it was covered the way it needed to be. I don�t think anyone hates Germans because of who they are now (note: Germans ;o) but rather because of what our relatives did, political doesn�t cover that. You have felt it here that you are German, haven�t you? I haven�t in a while, but still.

Regards

31 May 2010     

Hannale
Greece

Wise decision!!!!!I agree!!!!!!!

31 May 2010     

yanogator
United States

Victor, you are handsome, witty, wise and kind. I hope your wife appreciates what she has in you.

I like Topolina �s wording. It seems to give you more control before things get out of hand.

Bruce

31 May 2010     

victor
Spain

I also like Topolina �s suggestion. It is clearly explained.

31 May 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Yes, Topolina �s wording lends itself to more flexibility for appropriate removal.  Perhaps you can include �military � to cover war-related issues.

"Any kind of political, military or religious thread which is likely to lead to confrontations or accusations will be removed from the forum."

31 May 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Great decision. Can you also please add national as Regina, asks. I �m sure that religious, political and national covers almost those posts that have created havoc in the past.

@Silke, I think Regiina is right. National is not always political and vice versa. Unfortunately we �ve seen some very ethnocentric opinions here that have caused problems in the past.

31 May 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Wise decision Victor. It is not the place for that kind of confrontations.

@Silke,  I agree with mariamit. For me �national � is not the sama as �political �.  Here are the definitions from the net.  I hope it helps.

political

�         involving or characteristic of politics or parties or politicians; "calling a meeting is a political act in itself"- Daniel Goleman; "political ...

�         of or relating to your views about social relationships involving authority or power; "political opinions"

�         of or relating to the profession of governing; "political career"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

national

�         of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country; "national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"

�         home(a): inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation �s internal politics"

�         characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation; "a national trait"

�         a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

31 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Really wise decision, Victor. Thank you for everything you do for us.

31 May 2010     

xinalisa
Switzerland

I agree whole heartedly. I think Victor �s original suggestion covers what he �s trying to achieve. The rules should be kept as short as possible, otherwise people don �t read them.

31 May 2010     

Poohbear
Germany

I like Silke �s suggestion, too.

Ermm How about adding "offensive"? It might sum up all further specifications.

31 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >