Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Message removed    

Message removed

mildredpierce
France

A very wise decision, because this exactly the kind of message which has kept me away from the forum for several months. Thank you Victor!

31 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Maria and larchonok,

Many thanks for your explanations which made me come to the conclusion that the word "national" should indeed be added.

I also like Poohbear �s suggestion of adding the word "offensive", too!

Yes, blunderbuster, I have been insulted for being German in the forum before, but it didn�t bother me!! I simply didn�t take it for serious... There will always be some people who start pointing fingers at someone�s nationality when they run out of arguments, BUT I think nobody has ever started a thread so far only in order to attack me or someone else for being German. When somebody offended me, it was a different case, because it happened in the course of a heated discussion. ;)) I hope you�ll get the picture, because I don�t know how to put it better, sorry!!

I�m sure though that Israelis have been insulted here before when somebody opened a thread just for this purpose, so it�s a really good idea to add the word "national".

Have a great day, everyone - Silke

31 May 2010     

blizzard1
Denmark

That �s a very good idea.

What about adding "abusive" to Silke �s sentence? That should cover everything.

"Any kind of political, religious or abusive thread which is likely to lead to confrontations or accusations will be removed from the forum."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/abusive:

2 a : using harsh insulting language

31 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Yes, dear blizzard, "abusive" might even be/sound better than "offensive"!! :)

31 May 2010     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

I agree with you all but keep it simple, I think everybody has understood the point.
Thank you.

31 May 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hi, dear colleagues!
I wasn �t following the thread until removed, but if it turned to insulting whole peoples or religious groups, I agree with its removal. Just to be clear about where I stand, the only reason I thought it was ok that Musti brought up the topic, is because I agree that such an attack can be characterized as a crime against the innocent. I do not identify the Israeli people with the military state of Israel (I �ve already written that in my post on the removed thread, but I just want to make sure it was understood.)...And, just in case, I also do not identify the German people with their sad past.
In my opinion, an attack against groups bringing humanitarian help is not of political, but of human concern. However, if the discussion turned political and aggressive, removing the thread was a wise decision.
That �s all. Just wanted to be clear about my position.
Have a great day, all of youSmile

31 May 2010     

windflora
Turkey

If there were no politicians, there would be no harm. I blame all kinds of attacks to us and other countries. Let the world spin in peace!!! And condolences to all who died in this savage attack...

31 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

I agree with you Victor ... Thanks Heart

31 May 2010     

yogiba61
Spain

I also agree with Victor, I think we have to avoid confrontations. �Windflora � is right, let the world spin in peace!!! My support and condolences to all the families ....

31 May 2010     

gilorit
Israel

Thank you Victor

31 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >