Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > it īs so quiet around ESL - are you all on holiday already?    

it īs so quiet around ESL - are you all on holiday already?

elderberrywine
Germany

it īs so quiet around ESL - are you all on holiday already?

We have four weeks to go ... so come on, make me jealous and tell me you īre all on the beach, in bed all day, working in your gardens, going for day trips with the family or packing for the trip you īre starting tomorrow ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!
I īll continue marking papers, preparing lessons,  preparing school activities, dealing with less and less motivated students and end-of-term stress ......!!!!!!!!!!

15 Jun 2010      

donapeter
Romania

I am not on holiday! Don īt be jealous of me! I was absent for a few days as I am very busy! So.....I am with you!

15 Jun 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I am not on holiday either. Like Dona, I am extremely busy. In Greece besides a heat wave, we have final exams, so this is a really busy time.  Of course,  just to make you a little jealous I do go to the beach in the afternoon. Embarrassed

15 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

heat wave?? We had 12 degrees when I drove to school this morning!! 

15 Jun 2010     

yolprica
Spain

In Spain we are about to start our summer holidays and I am so excited that I can īt think of any other thing. This school year I have been so busy that I haven īt had time for the things I like, so even though we are going through a terrible crisis and our salary has been reduced  7%, I īm going to spend 15 days in the South of Italy (Emalfitana coast).
Best wishes
Yolanda 

15 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

I can īt believe I īm actually saying this, but a 7% reduction of salaries sounds good...It īs 20% for us here...
Oh, and I īm dying of heat...I want to move to Alaska!!!
Sorry for nagging...I haven īt been in a very good mood lately...I have got to leave this country...but I īve nowhere else to go
Anyway...

15 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

magneto, leave for GOOD or for a HOLIDAY? You sound exasperated .... poor you 

15 Jun 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Hello there. Well, I think everybody is still working. I have to work by the end of July at some kind of English Urban camp. As I teach extracurricular English, my schedule is rather irregular. Then I īm going on holidays to my country, Romania :)). I miss everything so much.

Have a nice holiday everybody!!

Hugs from Spain,

Corina

15 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

For good...but that īs not possible...
Oh, well...I guess we still have our beaches...

15 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Well, Corina...welcome back home. From 7% to our 25% off!!!! But....the summer is here!! 28 degrees today in Brasov!!!
Magneto dear.......... When things are tough I just think about this: there were people who survived the war....Maybe I can survive the crisis. Letīs be strong!!!! The sun will shine on your street after all!!!           

15 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Wise words, Dona...But it īs not just the crisis...
It īs feeling that your governments think you īre stupid and telling you that there īs no money for you, but there īs money for the extravagant tastes and "parties" of the few.
It īs having your Minister of Education "terrorizing" teachers in all sorts of different ways.
It īs having to face the fact that the same laws do not apply for everyone and that, somehow, the "best" laws are those that are not clear and can be interpreted the way the ones in power like each time.
It īs realizing that your union leaders have sold you out and are continuing to do so.
It īs a new scandal getting revealed every day.
It īs seeing people are so scared that all sense of solidarity is lost and they are turning against each other...
...And it īs having to realize how things really work when you īre not even thirty yet - and feeling like you īre a hundred.

Alright, that īs enough depression for a day!...Happy thoughts, people!!!Clap (...Trying to convince myself here...)

15 Jun 2010     

1    2    Next >