Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About reported Ws    

About reported Ws

Mabdel
Morocco

About reported Ws

To our collegues who report Ws directly I suggest that they should inform Ws writers before reporting them coz some of our friends here still don �t know the whole rules so we have to guide them and lead them to the right way.
I find it "unfair" to report before leting the other abt  his mistake. This is

but the right way is that the person who  wants to report a Ws  should inform the Ws oner  beforehand as some do here I do really appreciate it.
Just a point of view.  Thank u all .Love u all

21 Jun 2010      

donapeter
Romania

" our friends here still don �t know the whole rules " Common!!! The first rule of the site is READ THE RULES!!! when you want to send a ws ....the first thing that pops in your face are THE RULES! 
You should appeal the good sense, the friendship spirit, whatever ...but saying that some of us do not know the rules YET, even if Victor did all what he could do to have these rules visible......In this case......maybe they deserve what they get! 

Don�t get me wrong...ok.....send a PM to the owner and inform him/her about the mistake he did, but do not say PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THE RULES YET!!!!!! How long do one needs to learn the rules? A month? Two? Three? Ten? A lifetime? 

21 Jun 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Hi hope you �re doin well. You �re right but still others are a little bit confused abt watermarked artclips. What I wanna say is that some people get easily frustrated when their Ws are  directly reported without being informed  beforehand and they may quit the site easily. so we have to encourage them and persuade them to carry on without breaking the rules. have a great day

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

No no no..........I do not agree!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD know the rules. It �s good sense. You do not respect this site and its owner and the other members here if you do not know the rules. 
This is maybe the only thing I wouldn �t claim forgiveness for. Really! 
I agree with you that we should warn them before reporting their wss, but only because we are friends here.Because we want this site work. 
I hope you understand my point of view. I always send a PM when a ws looks good and it can be re-arranged.!!

21 Jun 2010     

silvia.patti
Italy

I agree with donapeter, everyone has to read and learn the rules; we ask our students to know the rules, so we have to be the first to do it.
Anyway if you send a PM to warn about a ws, you have to control everyday if the author changed it and this is quite difficult, it takes a long time and I think we prefer to produce something useful instead of take time to control PMed ws.

Have a nice day
Silvia

21 Jun 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, but I cannot send PM to every person whose ws is against the rules. I do it when the ws is good and needs just minot changes, but checking wss is time-consuming itself so I find it impossible to warn all of them.
The rules are here visible to all of us. And if you don �t play by the rules, that �s not the fault of modedrators or members who spend their precious time checking wss.

Have a nice day, Michaela

21 Jun 2010     

lilka18
Bulgaria

I agree with Mabdel - new members need  support. And if you report someone �s worksheet it �s good to explain his mistake. If you have time to report, you should have time to explain too.

21 Jun 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear lilka, let me put it the other way: If you have time to create a wss, you should have  time to read the rules.Wink

21 Jun 2010     

donapeter
Romania

@LILKA18 
Dear...the rules are written black on white: what anything else is to be explained? The moderators report and vote for removal according to THOSE RULES that are known by everyone! Sorry...everyone who has the common sense to read it. 

21 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

Actually, both Mabdel and donapeter have a point. Reporting is easier and faster, but if it �s a minor detail, we should take a few minutes to send a PM to the author to change the WS, but in my experience, people usually don �t reply, and don �t change the WS in question and that can get annoying after some time. But donapeter said well, the rules pop out when you upload a WS and it takes one minute to read them...

21 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

You go girls. I agree with almost all of you.

But lilka, reporting a ws you come across by accident doesn �t take much time. Having said that, I wonder why so few members take the time to do it, why so few members care to keep the site clean.

I for one would think that people who can teach English should be able to read and understand the rules.

Borna, very few people respond when they are warned. I have warned and gotten responses, but it does happen that people wait until they get reported and then they don �t even care about that, they simply go and upload the same sheet again.

Regards

21 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    Next >