Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Somebody is selling ESLprintables worksheets on the Net    

Somebody is selling ESLprintables worksheets on the Net

Damielle
Argentina

Somebody is selling ESLprintables worksheets on the Net

As Miss Cecilia has already reported, ESLprintables worksheet are being sold on the NET. She thinks that they are only Vanda �s but I believe that there are some others that were not designed by her. This is the site:

For those who don �t speak Spanish, I �ll tell you that this is a site whre Southamerican people can sell anything. It �s similar to e-bay so getting in contact with the owner is impossible but we are trying to do it. On the site, there is a sign that says that that page is not reponsible for what a person sells.

You�ll see books on the home page, but what they are selling are digital books. That is to say, somebody who has downloaded those worksheets has compilled them in a CD to sell them on the web. That person should know about teaching English becuse the compillation has a clear organization.

The first one is "The alphabet" where they practise writing letters and words with cute illustration. Then "The complete book of PHonics" (?????) to practise reading, writing and pronunciation. "My first Golden dictionary" where surely we will find plenty of Vanda �s picture dictionaries. "Having Fun" is for children in their first grades at primary school. There they can colour, look, count, cut out, remember, say phrases, etc. "My first" English Adventure" (I wonder which are the second, third, etc) is for children in their first grade with colourful illustration. And they also offer a CD with animal songs to practise together with the worksheets.

This person has been very careful to hide the questions asked to the seller so although we can make comments, only he/she can read them becuse they are not public. You can only send a message if you are a registered user but anybody who has an e-mail address can do it.

Everybody should send him an e-mail ([email protected]) so that he knows that he shouldn �t take anything from here. The text should be the following:

Sr. Oscar Martinez Vega:

Usted esta vendiendo en Internet material did�ctico cuya autor�a  no le pertenece. Dicho materila tiene copyright a nombre de Vanda Mata. Por lo tanto, le solicito retire ese articulo de Mercado Libre y cualquier otra p�gina como as� tambien se abstenga de venderlo por cualquier otro medio ya que hay cientos de personas que conocen dicho material y reportar�n este atropello a la propiedad intelectual.
Atte,

(Your name)

Translation:

On the Net, Via mercado Libre,  you are selling material that is not yours. These worksheets are registered under the name of their author, Vanda Mata. Therefore, I´ll ask you to take that material away from Mercado Libre and any other site and don �t sell it in any other support or means because there are hundreds of people who know it and will aknowledge the author of your infrigement to Miss Mata´s  intellectual property.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe the Spanish speakers should help to improve it.

13 Jul 2010      

donapeter
Romania

I am not a good Spanish speaker but I can see the seller is GRUPO RVMO and I am so amazed to see he has a very good calification there. His positive rate is 100% which means he has never had any complains.
If this site is similar to E-Bay we shouldn �t worry. When E-Bay get a message that smth is wrong , they find the solution ASAP. 

I am still amazed how people try to get advantages from this site. ESLp.

d

13 Jul 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, dear Dami, am astonished. How can such a market be run there? It �s illegal. People are buying and selling works without the original author �s knowledge. It �s a big mess!!! Even people who compile worksheets over time don �t have the right to sell them, as they are bot their own creation. They can just share them without any kind of financial benefit.

Am soooooooooooooooooo angry, cos yes as u said it, we don �t know whose worksheets are also sold . We are all exposed to the same mess and mockery.

There must be sth. done. Hope Victor can find a way out!!!
Nebal

13 Jul 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

Yes Donapeter, you are right, this person has a positive rate of 100% but it means that he/she sends the buyers what he/she promises. It �s nothing to do with selling copirighted material or not.. In Argentina is very common to sell "Copies" of everything until they are caught. Some buyers don �t care about copyright.

13 Jul 2010     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

What damielle said about the site is true. Mercado Libre is not responsible for what a person sells. However, if you read the rules and policies for listing you �ll see the rules about intellectual property (http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/seguro_violppi.html) Intellectual property owners can report listings that infringe their intellectual property rights here:

13 Jul 2010     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

It seems that the publication has been removed/cancelled

13 Jul 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

Why do you say that, Cecilia? It �s still there! Angry

13 Jul 2010     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

Yes, it �s there... but can you buy it? (Publicaci�n finalizada)

13 Jul 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

Yes, you are right!!! Nobody can buy it. Maybe the system have blocked the selling when we reported it as fake. But you can send the seller a message.

13 Jul 2010     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

I can �t send him/her any more messages as I �ve been blocked

13 Jul 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Wow!! They blocked the selling system!! Could it be?

13 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >