Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > :)    

:)

lady_alicze
Poland

:)

Hello Teachers!!!

I want to tell you one thing only:)

13 Jul 2010      

Nebal
Lebanon

Thank you , dear lady!!
Have a pleasant evening as well as a nice week.
Nebal

13 Jul 2010     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

You, too, dear Alicze!

13 Jul 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Thanks  a lot. Have a good night.

13 Jul 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

sorry to be complaining, but threads like this with nice but non-ESL  comments that belong to the cafe have the effect that more "serious" threads in which people ask for help or point out important things or make suggesstions or raise problems disappear from the list of recent topics within a couple of hours. Which means that few people actually read them. Social friendly stuff like wishes, events etc. should be posted in the cafe.

13 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Though it �s nice to have people wishing you well and it always brings a smile to my face, I have to agree with elderberrywine. The other day I wanted help about something and my post stayed visible for about 5 minutes because everybody had a team to cheer for or something. Don �t get me wrong, I �ve posted like this too in the past, but after last week I have promised myself never to do it again...

13 Jul 2010     

Mariethe House
France

alicze: there �s amessage for you at the caf�! see you there!Smile

13 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually, this subject about what is suitable (read: SUITABLE, I �m not saying permitted or not) and what it �s not and the whole purpose of the cafe has raised quite a discussion, not to mention a few arguments, specially during the World Cup.

I, for one, totally agree with what the girls said about important issues/questions/help wanted being pushed off the forum by messages that are nice, of course, but that take valuable space in this community, we all know that it �s a matter of hours, and sometimes minutes before our posts are read and answered by members, and pretty soon, they �ll be out of our sight.

But again, of course there are some members who think it �s great to see all kinds of things in the forum, and wouldn �t like to have �another � rule in ESLp, nor would like to have other members bossing them around telling them what to do in here (e.g. "Please, why don �t we all use the cafe for this?"... if this can be consider �bossing around �). And they �re not wrong, either, at least not in my opinion, but maybe, just maybe, it would be good if we used the forum with a little bit of parsimony.

Just adding my 2 cents here.
See you all around!

; )

14 Jul 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Thanks , lady alizce. Sweet dreams! Have a nice week! Hug

14 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Let �s just say thanks for the sweet thought and leave it at that!
Thanks Lady Alizce! Nice day to you too!

14 Jul 2010     

Errie
Japan

Hello Alicze,

Have a nice day too!

@viccxx: well said. Who cares where it belongs anyway...

14 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >