Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have a request ( Chat )    

I have a request ( Chat )

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I have a request ( Chat )

Hi,

I have a request from the moderators or the principals here .

I hope to find a place here to chat with the members here.

It is very nice and helpful to find e.g. a chat room which helps us to chat in english i.e. to practise english.

What do you think ??

Do you agree with me?

Let �s vote:)

10 Aug 2010      

summerwinds
Saudi Arabia

we have a cafe, is that what u suggesty?

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I have seen the cafe.

I think it doesn �t work like a place for chatting, to see different member chat at the same time.
But I think the cafe it is not for chatting.

10 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

On facebook there is a eslprintables page.  Try that.

10 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, Pretty3. I find it odd that you are a new member and you �re already confident enough to be calling people to vote on something. That �s not how this site works. This site was started by the member Victor, and he is the administrator. He is always improving the system, but it is great as it is.

And allow me to add that this website is for teachers to exchange resources, not exactly the best site for who wants to practice the language. I mean, everyone is always learning, but I �d say one must learn the language first, then teach it.

And last but not least, please, don �t hog the forum by starting 3 new topics yourself. I mean, you can see that there are only few new threads visible, and you could easily have asked all the three questions you wanted in the same post.

So, if you are new to the site... welcome.

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I come here to learn more, to share and to contribute.

But I am at the beginning.
Also, I come here because this website is for teachers and I will one of them after a few years.

I know that there are many other ways for chatting but I like to chat with english teacher.
I hope you understand me.

10 Aug 2010     

Babs1966
France

Well, if you come to the caf�,
you �ll get to see that we can tchat,
even if it �s not like a tchat place
in the first place.
But you know what ?
You �re welcome
to come
give it a try

See you,

Babs

10 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hello and welcome,

I must say that I find it incredible that as a new member you are asking people to vote on something in forum. Not just something but something that would involve changing what this forum �s purpose is all about.
Whenever one joins a new club or �site � it is common courtesy to at least read the rules and find out a little bit of what the club or site is about before trying to make changes.
I �m sure you have done this in �perfect � innocence and of course will be contributing and sharing your work with the rest of us reallly soon and so become a true member of this wonderful community. If so I look forward to �seeing � you around.
If you just want to chat with teachers and students alike;
They offer chatting forum at the site above for students to get together and practice English.
Good Luck!

10 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Hi,

I don �t mean to change the rule.
I know this site and its purpose. It is nice and great as it. But I only suggest to add something new.
I am sorry if this request make you upset but really I don �t mean something wrong.

10 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Pretty3
You didn �t make me upset. I simply pointed out that I was Surprised a new member would think to change things so quickly. Normally it takes people a while to find their way around a new site, then they make a contribution, then they pluck up the courage to ask a question in the forum, and then they may even venture into the cafe. That �s the way it normally happens, but maybe you �re just very forward thinking and that is nothing to be ashamed of.
Like I said at the beginning of the previous post; Hello and Welcome!
If you come in peace then stay in peace. I was just sceptical that �s all.
This site is very dear to me and a lot of people benefit from it, but they also contribute.
If everyone started asking to change things we �d never get anything done.
I hope you understand my point.

Best wishes!

10 Aug 2010     

NORINET
Algeria

Thank you Mrs. Pretty3 for the suggestion. Everything relies on the final decision of the Head here. It �s nice to chat in English but not within this site for it will deviate us from the site main objectives. Namely, wss and ideas interchange.

I just want to point out something that didn �t please me at all in some replies, and I wish it won �t disturb some. Mrs.
Bruna Dutra and Mr. franknbea , your thourough reaction to the new member Pretty3 was so harsh and I never expected such replies. You assumed that this member is fresh. You could state your point of view swiftly. When reading your replies I felt like a war of nerves between all of you. Everything comes with cool nerves, thus reply and clarification of one �s point of view towards any point, especially if we are considered to be Teachers dealing with Brains to upbring. How about our relationship as colleagues? We have to implement every word we teach in our life.

Sorry for the words but I felt like spitting them up though it �s not my nature!

10 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >