Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Will points be awarded?    

Will points be awarded?

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Will points be awarded?

What I am wondering if you will be awarded the points already acculmulated before a ws was removed. It seems only fair that they will be, obviously someone founded it useful.

1 Oct 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Either when a ws is removed or you delete it yourself, all the points earned for its downloads are subtracted from your account.

Have a nice day!

1 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@tech_teacher

When a ws is clearly against the rules of this website, how can it be fair to give points to the user who uploaded it?? Sorry for not being able to follow your drift... ;)

Ladybird 

2 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@ zailda and Ladybird

Clap, Clap, ClapThumbs Up

2 Oct 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

If it was stolen yes... points SHOULD NOT  be awarded. However if for some reason the ws is not considered to be �teaching � according to your rules ... and someone finds it helpful and downloads it, I think the points should be awarded! But I am a newbie... so what do i know!!!!

2 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I do understand your feelings, however, if you had read the rules properly in the first place, you wouldn �t have had to face such a situation at all!! What else can I say? Wink

2 Oct 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Oh I read very clearly, in the first place, especially as English is my FIRST language not my second... I simply asked a question and  it was clearly answered by the first respondent ...

2 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

As in real life, anything you earn from doing something against the laws (society rules) is not your property. Only the members who upload their own work that fits all the rules will be rewarded with points.

2 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Well, if you had read and understood all the rules that well, your ws wouldn �t have been removed, dear tech_teacher - as simple as that! :))

Actually, I�ve been a member of this site for almost 3 years... Experience shows that this kind of thing can happen to everyone no matter if English is their first or second language. Wink

2 Oct 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

As long as  you cant say that the ws was stolen... its not a big deal!!! I bow to your superior knowledge!  I will take the high road and say...Nough said!!!

2 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hmmm..If I understand Zailda, if I decide to pull my ws all the points earned with that ws will be subtracted from my account. I wonder why that would be since the reason I earned them was because someone downloaded them and they are in someone elses possesion. They aren �t going to give them back are they?  I can understand if my ws was faulty or stolen or has watermarks. Ed

2 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >