Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Will points be awarded?    

Will points be awarded?

_babz
Canada

to edrodmedina: I �m pretty sure that you lose your points, once you �ve removed your sheet..so you lose those points. If ever you need to modify your sheet, it �s best simply to update it, rather than deleting your first one

to tech_teacher: for starters, lay off the coffee! you asked a question, more than one person is going to respond...and if you don �t agree...you don �t need to be sarcastic/rude....we �re all in this together...no?

take care

2 Oct 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

I agree with you tech teacher, if your worksheet was downloaded (as long as it was not copied or stolen) you should receive the points. Also if a member deletes worksheets they should keep the points. How is it fair to deduct points after other members have used a worksheet? Maybe new worksheets should be checked by mods before being posted.

2 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@teachertonyinchina: 
If your ws is stolen by someone, you are not the one who will lose the points - he/she will.

If you decide to remove your ws, you are aware of losing the points. So it �s your decision if you �ll remove it or you can just edit the ws without losing points. That �s your decision.

Moderating is very time-consuming the way it is now already. If the moderators were supposed to check all the wss before they are published, we �d lose the rest of the free time we �ve got left.

Have a nice day, Michaela

2 Oct 2010     

teachertonyinchina
China

Michaela, In my opinion a member should not have points deducted for removing a worksheet. How can it be fair to deduct points after other teachers have used it.

2 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

In that case he doesn �t have to remove it, but edit without losing points. I cannot see what �s the big deal. As it is in the rules, it �s very fair, because we know what to expect.

2 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

teachertony is right.

Some of us have sold our work after it was shared here and lost our points because we had to remove the ws for copyright reasons. Some of you may want to look at it from that perspective.

2 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Regina,
in that case you exchanged your points for money, didn �t you? This is how it works in the real world - if you want something most of the time, you have to give something else up.Wink

2 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2