Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > LET īS HAVE SOME CREATIVE FUN!    

LET īS HAVE SOME CREATIVE FUN!

anitarobi
Croatia

LET īS HAVE SOME CREATIVE FUN!

Dear colleagues,
I īve been feeling Christmassy lately and it always sparks up that need to create sth fun and interesting, funny and relaxing. So I was thinking we might have fun here at the forum (if you īre interested). I used a similar idea with my students � some years back and it was so much fun.

The idea is to imagine the following situation: the Grinch wants to finally prove to everyone he has really truly become a nice guy and on Christmas Eve he gets his chance. Santa gets a real bad cold, so he sneezes so hard he falls off his sleigh the whole time and there īs no way he can deliver all the presents in time. The Grinch decides to step in, put on the Santa suit and do the job himself. Santa agrees - highly reluctantly.
Now it īs up to you - what happens next? How does it all go on? What goes wrong? Are there any other helpers who join in? What is Santa thinking and doing the whole time? How does Grinch īs trip around the world unfold?

Pls, do join in with fun ideas (don īt be a mean GrinchWink)...- ideas from all over the world are most welcome.

hugs
Anita
PS: I have to go to work soon, but I īll pop in in the evening, hoping the thread will be kept alive.

1 Dec 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

But Santaīs suit doesnīt fit, so he gets the elves to make him a new one. However, itīs not exactly what Santa would wear...

1 Dec 2010     

Montypython
France

Indeed, it is quite nice looking but has nothing whatsoever to do with Christmas....
It is black and white and the tiny decorations on the sleeves are.... (yes, you must believe me) small greedy rats fighting over food!

of course, it might have done the trick if The Grinch was not SOOOOOOOOOOOO huge and had not had to use other trousers on top of the ones devised by the nice (if not imaginative & creative) little elves.

yes, you might have guessed, it did not suit him at all and did not go with the rest of the attire at all... It was completely pink... bright pink ... with pinkish stars....

well.... nothing could be done about it so...

PS: hiya dearest Anita!!!!!! 
Thanks for the AWESOME idea!!!!
It will be hard to come up with fantastic ideas like yours!
Take care!!!!!
Marie

1 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

He decided to wear a vine leaf like Adam did at the beginning of the world.After all a grinch doesnīt feel the cold so why should he ...

1 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

The elves are laughing hysterically at the Grinch and his new "leafy" attire.  They even take pictures to post on Facebook.

1 Dec 2010     

Zora
Canada

Remembering his promise to Santa, the Grinch grins and bears it (or bares it?) while thinking of ways to get back at the elves...

1 Dec 2010     

monicap_87
El Salvador

He looks at his suit, sees the fighting rats and a devious thought crosses his mind: īI will push down their throats these annoying stinky rats �.... just then, the Grinch takes an elf by the neck... the other elves scream for help, but it īs too late for their friend... but... wait! just when the Grinch was about to get back on the first elf.... something happens.... something so touching that makes our mischievous green friend put the scared elf on the floor, and stop his revenge.... 

1 Dec 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

He suddenly saw a child..He was wearing worn out clothes and was barefoot and while crying, he shouted:"Stop, please, stop, don īt do that!Do what Santa was supposed to. Go and deliver all those gifts that will make so many children happy all over the world. As for me, please, give me my boots I īve been expecting to get for a year!Aren īt you ashamed of what you īre doing? Think about what Santa would do if he wasn īt sick! I believe, you will be a better person, if you really wanted to!Please, I trust you, you cannot be what you pretend to be!What are you hiding, for God īs sake?"

1 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

The Grinch starts feeling an emotion that was buried so deep he thought it did not existed anymore. He apologizes to the elves and asks them if they would be willing to help him find a costume that would fit.
And this is all they could find in Santa īs stuff:

1 Dec 2010     

Minka
Slovenia

And the reindeer pull the sleigh and Grinch delivers the gifts - one by one, carefully, but not without nagging from time to time. He even ate some cookies and drank some milk - forgetting about his lactose intolerance, oh dear! No serious consequences, though, and those gasses only made the reindeer laugh - except for dear Rudolph. Now what was the matter with him? After talking to him for a long time and almost begging him to tell what the problem was, it turned out he felt almost useless: there was no more need for his shiny nose, with Grinch īs bright outfit.

1 Dec 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

The Grinch had an idea so without hesitating he took off his bright outfit .Rudolph and the elves couldn īt believe their eyes when they looked  at the naked Grinch.Suddenly Rudolph īs nose....

1 Dec 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >