Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > reasons to report a ws.    

reasons to report a ws.

ikebana
France

reasons to report a ws.

Hi to every on here !
Hope you �re doing fine ! I was just wondering about 2 things but before asking I �d like to make sure you won �t take me wrong : I don �t think I �m perfect and every body can make mistakes but still : here are my questions . Ist it possible to report a ws. if one realizes that there are too many mistakes in it ? I mean very basic mistakes such as "maked INSTEAD OF made" .Ist it possible to report a ws.  ( as non esl ressources ) when there are no instructions given? If we can �t  see the point of a activity how could we suppose our pupils would see it ? It seems to me that there should be at leat some brief instructions  leading  the students one way or the other , shouldn �t there ?

waiting for your answers

Thanks a lot
hugs
IKEBANA

23 Jan 2011      

ikebana
France

THAT WAS JUST ME TALKING ABOUT BASIC MISTAKES !!! Such a shame !
sorry  for  "every one " of course !
Wink

23 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

No, I am afraid you can �t report a ws for mistakes.

23 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I believe we already have tons of rules to scare the newbies and bother the old members. There are too many "don�ts" (all of them are necessary, of course) to frighten the members and I guess we don �t need more reasons to report wss besides the ones we already have to pay attention to before sending our contributions to the site.

If a teacher doesn �t get the point, he should send the author a PM asking for further directions; if there are too many mistakes he should send the author a PM (if it is non-editable) or edit it himself (editable ones). We also have another choice I think is the best one: simply ignore it!

I �m sure we can find gorgeous and useful wss that will perfectly fit our needs among the hundreds we have to choose from every day.

If the author doesn �t get many downloads, or if he gets some PM �s complaining about mistakes or confusable / incomplete directions, it �s up to him to improve his work and get more of the other members � appreciation.

There �s no need to spend our time reporting such kind of worksheets, just ignore them!

23 Jan 2011     

ikebana
France

thanks for your answers dear friends , I thin I will follow your advice Thumbs Up
hugs
IKEBANA

23 Jan 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

In my opinion those worksheets should be reported. There are basic mistakes as Ikebana says which shouldn �t be allowed to be among the worksheets of this site. So I consider there should be a way of reporting those worksheets.

Yolanda

23 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Before one reports, consider..

In the same time it would take to report it and give reasons why, one could write a PM to the author, politely pointing out the mistakes and suggesting s/he update the worksheet.
That way we help the author to improve and make him/her feel welcome and noticed at the same time. (just like we do with students...)

ps. Yes I know we are all supposed to be teachers here, and we shouldn �t need to be �teaching � members on this site, but I strongly believe we all learn all the time. (And even a teacher with limited skills can still be a valuable teacher for beginners who know even less...)

23 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

I think that no one is so wise that has nothing to learn or so dumb that has nothing to teach.

I also believe we should help the others to improve their skills and if someone asks for help I �ll never let him without it.

I agree that we are all teachers, but everyone can learn something from someone else.

Unfortunately I don �t have the time to help the thousands of members of this site, and never tried to (I �m not that crazy...).

In the rare occasions I took the time to help someone who didn �t asked for help and sent him a PM giving some tips to enhance his work I got:

- 25% not really nice PM �s, pointing to some moral mistakes they claimed I had.

- 25% openly abusive PM �s telling me what I should do (in their opinion) with my entire collection of junk (they also used other words to define my worksheets but un/fortunately I can �t remember exactly and am afraid I would be punished if I wrote them on the forum if I remembered).

- 25% requests for sending all of my "magnificent, marvelous, excellent, etc." worksheets to their email addresses and all sorts or weird requests a human being is able to imagine.

- 25% haven �t answered yet.

So I prefer to spend my time helping in a more productive way - mainly people who asked my help first - and use my time taking care of my own business, as I was told to do without having asked for the advice first.

23 Jan 2011     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Hello everybody!!!!
We are all teachers here and too many of us teach a language which is not our mother one, so I believe any comments for us to improve should always be welcomed and appreciated.
I guess we all even thank our students when they spot a mistake made by us!!!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

23 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

I am sorry to see that was your experience zailda. I obviously also don �t write to everyone, I open only a small percentage of the recents lately. I actually only write when I notice  major mistakes which I think might keep people from using the sheet. If I compare the responses I got to yours, I have been lucky so far it seems. Most members just wrote me a very friendly �thank you � note....Haven �t had any nasty responses yet. I can fully understand why you are reluctant to try and help if the reactions are ugly...That is really too bad.
(and in my opinion reflects much worse on a person than mistakes in their English...)

23 Jan 2011     

tancredo
Portugal

If we can �t see the point of AN activity, I think we should.Yes, how could we SUPPOSE our students to?
Yes, every  body can make mistakes. Even you. In spite of all these magnificent ressources.
Don �t throw any stones when you �re living under a roof made of glass! (an old Portuguese saying)
Every on here would feel safer!
Taking into consideration everything you said,shouldn �t your comment be reported?
Il faut que nous connaissons nos fautes.

23 Jan 2011     

1    2    Next >