Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Submission rejections by moderators with no explanation    

Submission rejections by moderators with no explanation

FreddaJRosenbaum
United States

Submission rejections by moderators with no explanation

How can I find out why a submission is rejected by moderators?

Fredda Rosenbaum

15 Feb 2011      

Mariethe House
France

You get a notice from the administrator of the site: Victor Gayol.
Apparently your ws have been reported as non ESL tesources. Although they are very nice, you  should add some activities for them to be considered ESL resources.

15 Feb 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

People need more details about that, then they won �t have to ask in the forum. Being wrongfully reported and not being able to do anything about it is quite unsatisfactory, I know from experience. 

15 Feb 2011     

Mariethe House
France

I agree with you regina.

15 Feb 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

How well I know that, Regina!!!!!!!!!

How well I know.  You reported me and, ever since, never, never tried to make/write something that could be similar to
" excuse me, I was wrong "

Have a nice week, Regina

@ kisses, Marieth�

15 Feb 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

The most common reasons for rejection of contributions:
It contains a WATERMARKED picture (s)
it is not an ESL resource - the worksheet contains little text, no exercises, no teacher �s notes...
it contains OTHER lagnuages - all contributions should be in English only!

You know, that the contribution must be your OWN creation, so this is the most important thing.
You cannot call it your own original creation if it consists of creations - photographs, cliparts of other authors...

The same thing - if you copy a text, you MUST add your own comprehension questions, follow up exercises, fill-in sentences, vocabulary summaries, matching exercises, grammar exercises etc...

This way your contribution will be your work then...

It wouldn �t be FAIR to upload a worksheet consisting of 70% of copied pictures/texts (made by other people)
and only 40% of new YOUR addictions - exercises...

And a suggestion - resize pictures first and upload many pictures in one file and BE GENEROUS... For more info go to   Tutorials    Templates    F.A.Q.  Rules and instructions   

15 Feb 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

Your own description gives you a real clue as to why some of your recent contributions have been rejected "gleaned from many sourches, online and other".
When the text is not of your own creation and no new activities have been added then a worksheet may be reported as a non ESL resource (this is common with songs and poetry) or a link could be given and it would be reported as a copy.
Good luck with your next project.
David

16 Feb 2011