Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What is an ESL resource?     

What is an ESL resource?

teachertonyinchina
China

What is an ESL resource?

How on Earth can someone tell me a resource I recently uploaded is not an ESL resource?  It was a game to play on a whiteboard, that gets students to ask the time and for another student to read the time on a clock on the board and answer.  Full instructions were posted on how to play the game. I have used this game many times.  In my 20 odd years of teaching  at home in England and now teaching as a volunteer  in China have I never made a game or activity with no educational value.  5 teachers had downloaded this game before someone decided it was not an ESL recourse, so these teachers must have had spare room on their hard drive that they wanted to fill or was it that is was an ESL resource and they are going to use it?  I make activities to teach my students  not to gain points on this site. I have a life and have more important things to do than make things I don�t use.

So a game with educational value is not allowed but motivational stickers are. Even mazes pictured as an example for not allowed have more education use than stickers, mazes can be and are used to teach young students pencil control. 

6 Mar 2011      

johnnyg
Canada

i think if you really had a life, you wouldn �t be on here making boring complaints that no one cares about.

6 Mar 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Well, johnnyg,
Sometimes people get frustrated if they had put efforts into creating an activity and that activity gets reported for the reasons they consider unfair. There �s no need to offend other users in the forum, just because you have a different opinion (plus by doing so you �re breaking one of the site �s rules)

@Tonny: as you know, when smth is reported, the moderators vote for the activity to be removed or stay and that takes time. I don �t know anything about your case in particular, but I think everyone �s heard you, so may be your activity won �t be removed. 
Sophia

6 Mar 2011     

johnnyg
Canada

ok, no more honesty at ESL printables everybody! lame.

6 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Johnny, it �s not about "honesty", it �s about being polite, about not offending others. Here we show (or should show) respect to others, as we �d like to be respected. I agree with Sophia, sometimes teachers feel frustrated, hey, we �re all human, and obviously after putting so much time into a worksheet and find it �s been reported, we do want an explanation.
Tony, you should contact a moderator and ask in a nice way if they can explain why your worksheet is not considered an esl resource. I �m sure they will give you the explanation.

6 Mar 2011     

johnnyg
Canada

hey mar0919. bla bla bla. please stop talking. you �re annoying everyone who wants to come here and download printables. maybe you should get a hobby or something.

6 Mar 2011     

melahel7
Canada

JohnnyG reminds me of somebody...I wonder who could that be....

6 Mar 2011     

johnnyg
Canada

Abraham Lincoln?

6 Mar 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Melahel7, let me help you. Seeing the same flag below our avatars -- we �re all Canucks! Beer

6 Mar 2011     

johnnyg
Canada

Sir John A. Macdonald?

6 Mar 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I usually don �t feed the Trolls, but come on wear your true colours, and stop dropping in with a different flag.  A Canuck, or anyother respectable person  wouldn �t make such comments.   Go play your games elsewhere.

6 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >