Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Deleted contribution    

Deleted contribution

sirah
Argentina

Deleted contribution

Hi everybody! I am writing here because I wrote to Victor twice and he did not answer,maybe moderators can clear my doubts.
I had a ws that I made in 2008,it was "My house", someone reported it last week and it was deleted,they said that i copied it from Erica,obviously it was not copied! I remember that I saw a similar activity in a kids magazine with a princess castle and then I make my ws with the house.I did not know about Erica �s ws till last week.Unfortunately I did not open the page the day it was reported.
      Well my question is: Can ws from 2008 be deleted 3 years later??? I do not care about the points,I only want to know if I can report ws from 2008,2009 or older?
Thanks in advance

Patricia

25 Mar 2011      

lady_gargara
Turkey

Hello Patricia,

I do not know/remember your ws so I cannot tell you why it was deleted. But we can report wss before 2010 only if they are copies. Wss contain watermarked  clipart cannot be reported . So a ws can be reported if it is a copy. (I �m not talking about your ws.This is the rule I know.)This is what I know.

Nebihan

25 Mar 2011     

judieguv
Costa Rica

Hi dear Patricia!

This is a wonderful webpage where we can share material and find wonderful colleagues. However, there are plenty of people who believe superior ones just because their amount of points. There are many moderators who make amazing jobs, but there aren �t others who don �t. They just love to report people without asking first. So, as far as I see you are an honest person who likes to share material. I know that your intention was to contribute with  good material and somebody thought you stole that. All your worksheets can be reported any time. It doesn �t matter when you uploaded. As soon as any person reported it could happend.

Well, continue working and don �t get frustrated because of that.

Sincerely!
Diego

25 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Patricia,
It MIGHT have been a mistake. Or it might have been reported twice.
Sometimes one worksheet is reported TWICE, first time because it was a copy (false) and second time because the worksheet contained copyrighted picture (true) or just a single picture - flashcard (true).
But the reason in the informing PM is given only the first one.
Hope you understand... So a member (not necessarily a moderator) could have reported your ws as a copy, which was not true. But later a moderator found out the picture is copyrighted / single Flashcard, so it was removed...

If you could send me the PM with the link to the worksheet of "Erica", the one which was considered the original, I will be able to tell you more...

The most common reporting is because of copyrighted material - pictures or a single Flashcard. This might be your case.

Which worksheet of Erica are you talking about? This one? The house- nice activity for kids
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=15317#thetop

25 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi Patricia,

Nebihan is correct when she says older worksheets (before the new rules) can only be reported if they are copies.

I didn �t see your worksheet either, but there has to be some kind of evidence it is a copy and several moderators have to agree before it can be removed.

May I just make one thing clear for those of us who think differently, it is not only moderators who can report worksheets, and very often it is people who are not moderators who do. Anyone who is a premium member can report a worksheet, so let �s not immediately assume it �s the moderators � fault when a worksheet is reported, as it is thanks to the moderators who do a lot of work behind the scenes (not me at the moment I �m afraid to say) that we can have a site that is free of largely free of plagarism and other problems.

I hope this answers your question and that you won �t let this get you down. Obviously as humans we all make mistakes sometimes, so it is very possible that although it appeared that your worksheet was a copy and so moderators voted to remove it, in actual fact it was just an unlucky coincidence that your worksheet was very similar to someone else �s. As I say I didn �t see them, so  I can �t say anything for sure.

Take care and have a nice day.
Hugs
Julia

25 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

All wss, new or old, with copyrigted material must be removed because if the author claimed his right, this website would be CLOSED. So reporting wss is an activity TO PRESERVE elsprintables.com.

Reporting is NOT AN ACT AGAINST the uploader/member.
Any member can report a wss, not moderators only. Moderators decide then...
There might be a mistake, so you should contact Victor.

If you send me the link to "Erica �s ws", I will try to help. I cannot send you PM now, there is something wrong with the system...

BTW, you can send a small jpg copy of your worksheet, so we can see the differences between your ws and Erica�s ws.

25 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Are you talking about this picture of a house???

25 Mar 2011     

mamefr
Argentina

Dear Sirah,
My older account"Neda" was reported and deleted because "someone" Said I copied hers ws. The moderators told me that it was a copy so, believe me it �s true, so, the moderators can delete older ws.

25 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

@manefr: By the way, the account MIGHT be deleted after 3 copied worksheets.
Victor decides WHETHER the account is deleted, not the moderators... It is not an automatic process any more.

Yes, all worksheets containing copyrigthed pictures/text are deleted. No matter how old they are.
If anybody uploads a worksheet which is a copy of somebody else�s worksheet, it is deleted and considered a strike against the rules.
A copy is  a worksheet which consists of the same picture(s), very similar layout and text. If the textboxes and text are very similar to the older ws, then the newer ws is usually reported.
The properties of the file are checked (same name of the author = copied doc).

25 Mar 2011     

sonyajuly
Greece

Dear fellow members ,

first of, allow me, as a recent member, to congratulate the mastermind of this page and all the contributing members who have created such a wonderful bank of ideas for teachers around the world.

I see the issue of reporting has reached surface.

I am participating in this conversation because I, also, had 3 of my printables reported; they were actually awards aiming to reinforce students � good learning habits. I undrestand your frustration since I take it for granted that all of us share the work we have created devoting precious time and energy out of love for what we do.

However, with surprise I have noticed that some people have made reporting a trend!

It saddens me to realize that there are some who find it amusing to report other people �s work. Perhaps they are becoming increasingly competitive, but the last time I checked, this page was not a competition.

I myself have come across printables with mistakes but I chose not to report them, because since they are editable, I can make whatever changes I want, without causing any embarrassment or inconvenience to the author.

Moreover, I have seen recent worksheets which I found elsewhere on the internet, I mean the exact same ones. I was troubled about whether to report them or not, because I do not appreciate people who copy-paste other people �s work and present if for their own, since to my ethics this constitutes deception.

However, again, I preferred not to report them firstly because I trust that cheaters do not go far one way or another, and secondly because if I see something I do not approve of, I simply do not download it.

More importantly, I chose not to report because I prefer to spend my time on this wonderful resource of creative ideas in more productive ways.

With respect to everyone,

Sonya.

25 Mar 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

You may see the exact wss on another website such as this (islcollective for example) or on personal blogs because the creator chooses to share his / her wss in more than one venue.

It think that  it is a personal choice to share in as many ways as possible.

This is why it is important to check the facts before reporting anyone �s ws. If I am in doubt - I don �t report, that is my rule for reporting.

25 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >