Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > page layout and page size    

page layout and page size

jamiejules
France

page layout and page size

I �m sorry... I do sometimes download a ws that I find really interesting and then horror!! I print it and only part of the ws is printed on my page!
I did not know what was wrong until a few days ago when I noticed that some members upload their ws in american style page?? (well that �s what I think anyway)
I then have to rearrange everything on the page and it takes ages!!
Is there a quicker of doing things?
could people mention when their ws is not A4 size?
thank you
have a lovely day
Jamiejules

16 Apr 2011      

Hazza
Australia

It has happened to me as well!  I found out that after you press print, you can look for the page scale drop down and scale to an A4 size!
Hazza

16 Apr 2011     

Zora
Canada

I have also had that problem!! I think that people should perhaps specify (or have a category, option or something) because I have printed ten or twenty copies in the past and to my horror none of them were really usable as things were cut in half. Also, when modifying I basically found out that I couldn �t, like jamiejules everything moved around on the page and I just would get frustrated trying to make it fit an A4 format.   

16 Apr 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Thanks for mentioning this!
I have often wondered about the strange page sizes in the preview. Some worksheets look much longer than the majority and I could not understand the reason.

16 Apr 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

I have the same problem with some wss but still I cannot fit them A4 format :(

16 Apr 2011     

serene
Greece

Thanks for your post Jamiejules and Hazza for the tip. I hadn �t noticed the page scale option on the print window...

16 Apr 2011     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I have had the same problem.  But I am used to it now.  I regularly have to delete borders and backgrounds to make it work.  If members group their images.  It makes it much easier to do.

Using print preview before printing also helps.

16 Apr 2011     

jamiejules
France

thank you Hazza for the tip, I �ll try it!
I am quite relieved... I am not the only one with the problem!!
have a nice day
Jamiejules

16 Apr 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

When you print you have the option to choose the page size you �ll print, and it �ll fit any size you want it. Sometimes I print small sizes just to check the ws first (I can �t see the mistakes unless I print it). Hope it helps!

16 Apr 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Hi Zailda, it didn �t work with my printer Cry! What else should I try?
Thank you.
Mariannina

16 Apr 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Try the printer settings then. There are many adjustments you can do clicking the "settings" option before printing:

16 Apr 2011     

1    2    Next >