Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What my son told me last night    

What my son told me last night

zailda
Brazil

Maryse, I don �t really think seriously about it, but we should think about the values we allow our children to absorb from TV, books and magazines.

I �ve already written about the matter (with some humor, of course). Sorry, it �s in Portuguese:

3 May 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

About the Spanish version:

Thank you for sharing, Alex!

3 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

lol zailda i was thinking on watching rapunzel with my children tonight, after reading your posts i dont know what else to read to them... LOL you know what?  i have always read this stories and looked superficially to the cute site of them, now i was looking at the book i use to read to them which has like 100 stories, and just now, i started to notice all of the hidden"  messages that my son might have been able to received.   Jesus!! i  would have never though that my kid was litening to aladding for example while thinking  "hey this guy is a thief and got away with it" but  i guess that a least like ed said i have and insightfull kid or his teachers must have done a hell of a job teaching him how to analyse.

3 May 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Yes, Zailda you are right TV may be a great danger because pictures we swallow every day prevent the imagination of reading. Sorry but I can �t read your article because I don �t know Portuguese.

Of course we have to take care of the values we are teaching and we accept to be spread but it is very difficult to deal with such a large topic. Internet travels information so fast and actually we are given truth only partially or altered too often. Then you are Brazilian and I am French so we will have some common basis of thoughts but we will express them in very different AND ALL TRUE ways. Ed will say the same thing with other words, Liz will write them with her own feelings.

Communication is such a difficult art ! But how pleasant it is to exchange points of vue, don �t you agree ?

3 May 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Your son is right, Liz! For example in Russian tales the main character is always lazy and does nothing but receives everything! (In our life it happens too?!)

3 May 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Hi Liz,

Read them �Jonathan Livingstone, the seagull � by Richard Bach. A jewel the kids understand much more better than us ! Believe me !

3 May 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Unfortunately, sometimes it does, ellakass! Life is not fair but we should keep teaching moral values.

3 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

@british lol maybe he read it somewhere, though he made a good point cuse even as a teacher i never thought of that till now.

3 May 2011     

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

@Liz Thumbs Up

3 May 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Read the papers! The other day a plebeian married prince charming and yesterday Superman killed the bad guy!

3 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >