Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What would say this is ?    

What would say this is ?

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

What would say this is ?

Hi dear friends

Can I ask your help, please?

What would you call this?

A canteen, jerry can, flask, cantel or any of them and then ... what is the name ?

Thank you in advance
Linda

18 May 2011      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hiya my dear Lindaaaaaaaaaaa,
How are you doing? Missin � you a lot!!!

The object you pictured is called "USA Canteen."

Jerry can :  

Hugs,
Nebalzinha:))

18 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi my dear Butterfly

Thanks a bunch for your time. I miss you tto, but I have lots of work, so I don �t come here that much.

Big kiss, Nebalzinha

A small gift for you  ^ .. ^

18 May 2011     

Nebal
Lebanon

OMG!!! If answering your posts will gift me sooooooooooooooo many beautiful dainty butterflies, then I �ll be always waiting for you. ;))

Thanks a million times . Butterflies are my favorite.

You made my day.

Sending butterflies your way to protect you and shower your days with peace, joy and love.

Nebalzinha:))

18 May 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

A canteen? Great!

18 May 2011     

Lucia13
Armenia

Isn �t it a flask?isn �t it the water bottle students use to drink at school?I call it a flask...

18 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello,
A big one to all of you who took your time to help me, between answers in th forum and pm, I have to say , you, dear friends, you all work hard.

I think I �ll go for ... canteen ....

It �s the name that comes with the clipart, the clip is made by a Scottish webmaster, ... I think I �ll stay there.
My problem is that, for me, canteen was just the place where my students have lunch at school; otherwise I could turn upside down and try a place in a south Latin American canteen... but that was not what I was looking for. hehehe

Anyway, thanks a bunch, you have all, all helped me.

I �ll go for canteen, hope I am not doing any severe harm.

Thanks , Anita, flask was something that smelt to labs, but, just in doubt.. I had to put down all the possibilies I had.

Bunches of ROSES to thank you all

Linda
Hug

18 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Linda

A canteen is the name for the one used by the army. If it �s not an army one, and doesn �t look like an army one, then most would call it a water flask.  But to me, that looks like an army one so I �d go for canteen.

Cheers

Jayho

19 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Jayho

Thanks a bunch, in fact I am still going uoside down, down up. I �m preparing a project for my kids, they will be in a camping site, with an  animal farm inside and a terribllllllllleeeee jungle next. ( just printables, not real life )
So, " THAT THING " will be a kind of  survival for them, if they go the way round the jungle; they may prefer staying on the farm, or better than better, never leave the camping site.That thing may be used in the three parts of the project - I need a name to suit them all. My kids are not to know so many diffeent nouns of the same thing, because, more than more, their teacher doesn �t know ---LOL
Anyway that tool is kind of a transverse tool; it may be used wherever- camping site, farm, jungle........ God, may be I shouldn �t have given birth to that thing.

I �ll go on with the project, in the end I �ll show you the results and,........ then, you can tell me what I did wrong.

Hugs to all of you who help me that much.

I wouldn �t be who I am without all your troubles helping me.

Bless you

Kisses, huge ones

Linda

19 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Linda

Maybe you should just call it a flask - that is the more generic term for it that we all commonly know it as.

Cheers

Jayho

19 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

JayHo   Hug

Love you, in fact all of you -hehehe

Your post is just the last one i �m reading, I �m offfffffffff.

Thanks a bunch, by now, I don �t have a head or brain anymore. I �ll come back to this tomorrow, or better, in a few hours, with a cup of strong, black coffee to help me.

Thank you, dear friend, have a happy day, and wish me a happy night - no, no side intentions, just need a happy sleeping - LOL

Kisses
Linda

19 May 2011     

1    2    Next >