Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > flag    

flag

cindymchugh511
United States

flag

Ok, this may  be a silly question but is my flag (under my name) supposed to be where I�m from or where I teach?

19 Dec 2008      

fletsch
Canada

Hey there:

I am under the assumption that your flag is where you are from.  I am from Canada but I am teaching in China and I have the Canadian flag here.  If I am incorrect, then I guess I should change my flag, hmmm...
No, pretty sure it�s where you are from.

Fletsch

19 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

It  may well depend on what info you have in your profile.

I�m an Australian teaching in Japan, so I have �Japan� noted as the country in my profile & hence the Japanese flag with my avatar.

B-)

19 Dec 2008     

yetigumboots
Germany

I am a Brit teaching in Germany...  So I get the German flag. Merry Christmas.

19 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

Maybe we need an answer from Victor on this.
I�m originally from Canada but I live and work in Israel (so I used the Israeli flag).

Glitter Text Generator  
Should the flag represent our country of origin or where we work?????

19 Dec 2008     

Mietz
Germany

I think everybody should decide for themselves which flag to put. If I were in a different country, I�d mention the country where I�m teaching in my personal description and the flag of my nationality with my avatar. But you could just as well do it the other way round.
Fair enough - it�s interesting and sometimes useful for people to know who are native speakers and where different people are from and teaching, but I think it�s not really necessary to have a big decision about the flags here. That�s just my opinion, though.

19 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

I am from NZ but am in Sweden... so have the sweden flag.... hmmmmmm  :-) I just assumed that everyone flags were indicating where in the world they were teaching....now i am curious!I have changed my flag to NZ :-)

19 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that it would be better to use the flag of the country where we are from. You know, that we not only share wss here, we also learn a lot and brush up our English. As I�m not a native speaker, I pay very much attention to what the natives write while I consider that non-natives may have a little interference from our native language. So, in order to quickly identify where the person who is writing is from the flag may help. Then in the presentation we can say the country where we are living and/or working

19 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

I do not think Victor has a magic crystal ball and knows the nationality and place where each teacher is.  Surely the answer will lie in the initial registration form that we fill out to register for the site.  There must be a box somewhere which has a country name that has to be selected.  I forget what the registration form looks like now, but I am originally from England and am teaching in Malaysia.  I can only assume that somewhere on the initial form I selected Malaysia from somewhere.

If you click on your login avatar to edit your details you will see one box which says country.  And to prove that you can change this, i am now from a lovely little island somewhere i know not where, but my flag is from that island now.  (I will change it back soon!!!)

19 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I agree with damielle , and I will try to change my flag.  I already wrote in my description that I teach in Israel.

19 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

I assume that everyone it trying to change their flags because I can�t seem to get into "edit my account".  I hope we don�t overload the system.

19 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >