Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > English errors are widespread on ESLprintables    

English errors are widespread on ESLprintables

Zora
Canada

Sophia, my dear friend, I can also spot and do all I posted above BUT there are things native to Australia or South Africa that I don �t know, nor do I pretend to be a language expert since I am learning all the time. Alex has also admitted to learning new things on the forum and I imagine Les has also learnt new things. We are always learning... that �s what teachers do.

Also, you may not have been around long enough to have remembered Wolfie�s, Bryce�s, Nebal �s, Julieta�s, Ivona�s, Frenchfrog�s, Goodnesses� and my grammar discussions. We are all pretty darn good at what we do, we just do not have time to help out anymore and, as you can see, there are others with great knowledge ready to help out. Smile

18 Sep 2011     

Zora
Canada

By the way, I �d like to say that I am sorry if I offended anybody with my little outburst. I can be rather outspoken at times. Embarrassed

I would like to add that everybody here is an expert to some extent. People who speak French or German will always understand how their mother tongue affects a learner of English from that country better than I will. They will understand why certain prepositional errors are made, why things are said a certain way or why some word is considered a false friend. They could also use language in a way that neither you nor I might, but which is correct and by doing that we are learning about our language in a new way.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that we are all important and our experiences and knowledge make this site a rich and diverse place with wonderful people who love to help others. Thumbs Up

18 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

No worries Zora - and anyway, there �s nothing to apologise about

(BTW, I just used Australia �s most common phrase that really, only Ozzie �s understand, illustrating your point perfectly)

Cheers

Jayho

18 Sep 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

dear mariamit, just loved your words

18 Sep 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

I usually ask Apodo ( Marion) to check some of my worksheets before I administer them in the class and before I publish them in this website, however, I can �t afford to trouble others to check every single printable I want to publish. If anyone finds mistake, hopefully they will correct them. Maybe Bianca could help me to check my works.Smile

p/s: I am sorry for the mistakes I �ve made in my worksheets that I have published, I feel guilty though.

Sirhajwan

18 Sep 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think the poster does have a point. I �ve no ready answer though. I acknowledge that this is a sharing website where members share resources for free.

On the other hand, we �re not doing each other - or our students - any favours if we give them wss with errors. Maybe we should be able to suspend (for want of a better word - and I don �t mean report) worksheets. The suspended wss could be placed online again once the poster corrects the errors.

18 Sep 2011     

Dameon
Thailand

If the worksheets are editable there is no problem with a few small errors.

I am not as good as many of the wonderfull teachers here at making nice looking worksheets so I download the worksheets that I think may be of use to me and then I proof read them.

If I spot a mistake I will edit, some worksheets may have perfect English but still need editing to fit my particular needs (changing a spanish name to a Thai name or a location in South America to a location in Thailand, a job description Police man to Police officer for example) the main thing for me is for the worksheet to look good and makes sense.

Errors are a part of life, who can say they never make mistakes??

please don �t be critical of non native speakers making worksheets with out thier creations this website would not be as good as it is.

also if you do see a mistake try sending a PM to the creator for them to correct i am sure they would be greatful for any advise a native speaker can provide them.
Dan

18 Sep 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Everyone - and "everyone" includes natives - is able to make mistakes. Every teacher should be able to correct them. Everyone is able to correct / edit the editable ones. Spending a little more time / effort would also be able to correct the "non-editables" as well.

Books have mistakes, even the most expensive and "popular" ones, and they have proofreaders - or so I hope.

The aim of the site is to reduce the teacher �s work providing wss to use in class, we are not supposed to do all the job in the teacher �s place.

BTW, we should always read / correct / check any ws before they�re given to students.

Have a nice Sunday!

Edit: The reporting feature is to be used when the ws infringes the site rules, irresponsible reporters have done enough damage IMHO. Each teacher is responsible for the material s/he gives his/her students, so it�s up to you to check it first.

18 Sep 2011     

Dameon
Thailand

If the worksheets are editable there is no problem with a few small errors.

I am not as good as many of the wonderfull teachers here at making nice looking worksheets so I download the worksheets that I think may be of use to me and then I proof read them.

If I spot a mistake I will edit, some worksheets may have perfect English but still need editing to fit my particular needs (changing a spanish name to a Thai name or a location in South America to a location in Thailand, a job description Police man to Police officer for example) the main thing for me is for the worksheet to look good and makes sense.

Errors are a part of life, who can say they never make mistakes??

please don �t be critical of non native speakers making worksheets with out thier creations this website would not be as good as it is.

also if you do see a mistake try sending a PM to the creator for them to correct i am sure they would be greatful for any advise a native speaker can provide them.
Dan

18 Sep 2011     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hello everyone!

I just want to say that I �m not a native speaker, despite having a degree in English. (and I teach many levels.... )

I DO MAKE MISTAKES like everybody.... But the important thing is that this great site has allowed me to learn so much about english, through games such as: WOD or Caption picture contest. Besides, here many of our colleagues post questions related to english teaching techniques or doubts about english grammatical or semantical structures. I try to read them in order to learn.

And like so many people have said here, i have downloaded worksheets from many members, and as soon they spot a mistake on their own worksheets, they kindly send me PM to clarify their little mistakes.

Please don �t be so critical. WE ARE ALL HERE TO LEARN AND HAVE FUN!

And if may i give you a suggestion, Blanca, as soon as you detect a mistake or a small incorrection, help us by sending PM to us.

ascincoquinas.

18 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >