Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Farewell    

Farewell

Jayho
Australia

Hi all

We seem to be talking about different issues here:

1.  Taking a lawfully paid for copyrighted image from a ws here without the owner �s permission (Tech Teacher in this case) that can be proven

2.  Taking an unpaid for copyrighted image from the internet 

As far as point 1 is concerned, there is a legitimate case and Tech Teacher is defending her rights as the lawful owner of the paid image.  Mena is simply alerting moderators as to how it is proven to be Tech Teacher�s.  Moderators are at will to vote as they please or even abstain from voting if they so desire

In relation to point 2, the waters are murky due to fair use rules.  A simple acknowledgement of fair use often suffices in an educational setting and it is a good practice to acknowledge such images anyway as this is now standard practice for many workplace professionals and university students, educational and other.  What Victor has clearly specified is that iClipart and watermarked images not be used.  So, to protect yourself, don�t use iClipart or watermarked images and simply cite your source for other images.  That�s what I do on my printables both here and at work (and my company is constantly harping on about copyright).

Cheers

Jayho 

13 Dec 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Just to put in my two cents as I did when this ws was reported: I think you shouldn �t report unless you are the creator or the lawful owner of the pictures or clipart in question. 

Who �s to know if the other party hasn �t taken out a subscription to a clipart website as well? We are not the keepers of the whole Internet. Let �s focus on blatant abuse such as copied worksheets and forget about silly graphics. AFAIAC those silly Thistlegirls graphics should be forbidden in any ws.

13 Dec 2011     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

I AGREE PHILIP!

Let �s stop this absurd discussion for God Sake.... Arguing because of some drawings, cliparts or whatever you call it!

I can �t pay for any images, all i use are from the web: search images on google. Besides do not have time to report who owns what!!!

As a moderator i have only reported non english worksheets/powerpoints.

I am not sure if you guys have realised but the number of contributions have decreased dramatically recently in this website, as there have been many ws wrongly reported.

This is a great site. We used to have Caption contest as well as Word definition contest.... Why has that stopped? Can anyone enlight me please?! It was a funny moment for one to get rid of stress....

People! we are not here to compete, we are here to help each other. SO PLEASE just report somehting if you are really sure it doesn not follow Vctor �s rules!

Rest my case!

Good night to you all!
ascincoquinas

13 Dec 2011     

aleia
Portugal

I completely agree with Philip and Ascincoquinas!!!

This is such a great sharing site... the best on the web! Let�s not waste our time with petty subjects!!!  Wink

13 Dec 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4