Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > All of my flashcards stolen     

All of my flashcards stolen

Thea77
Romania

Please don �t jump to conclusions, MJ Misa, it was just a technical error, that �s why I deleted it right away. I didn �t copy my previous message, it would have made no sense to do that. Errors like these happen very frequently when a message appears twice and it does not mean it �s on purpose.
Thanks for your suggestions, I �ll consider them.

Anyway, I don �t ask money for the stuff on my site either, I offer it for free to teachers, so that they could print it and use it in the classroom, that �s why I didn �t watermark them. Anyway, I will be more careful from now on with the copyright. And again, I think I �m expecting too much. A 100% protection you can never have on the net. It �s a big world out there and I will adapt to that.

Thanks again for your replies.

Best wishes,
Thea.

15 Jan 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Thea,
To prevent sending the post twice, do not refresh the website.
It has happend to me many times... As you realised, it has an easy solution - the delete button.... :-D
I know that drawing the pictures takes a long time and I understand your frustration.
But I believe your first thought was to share your work and help teachers.
So perhaps it may make you feel proud of yourself to know that your illustrations really helped thousands of students to learn new vocabulary (no matter they used your original flashcards or the "taken" ones).
I am sure all those students appreciated your artwork and are grateful to you.
You may contact the member who uses your pics and solve the case with her... Use PM or email. I am sure you�ll be lenient.
The students don�t seek the original author of cliparts but they do appreciate the good flashcards for sure.
Hope you feel better now.

15 Jan 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, Thea.
It has never happened to me on the forum to send post twice by error so I wasn �t aware of this possibility. I hope you will accept my apologize.
For your images - they �re great, I think you are  great artist and I personally feel sorry I cannot use them for my wss. I hope you will enable us to do so maybe one day in the future.
Have a nice weekend, Michaela

15 Jan 2012     

libertybelle
United States

Dearest Thea

A little PS here:
It would be such a great contribution if you allowed people to use your images for teaching. No one has to ask Phillip Martin - he has posted them on his website solely for the purpose of helping teachers make good teaching materials.
It would mean so much if you did the same.

Thanks for your time.
Libertybelle

15 Jan 2012     

Thea77
Romania

I have always allowed anyone who asked, to use my images on the condition that a link to my site should be included on the websites that use my images and I think it�s pretty fair to act this way. When you take stuff from a certain source, it�s correct to mention the source you�ve taken it from. Any honorable person usually acts this way. For example, I take games from other websites for free, but I include the link they come from. Your attitude always makes the difference. So, I do allow people to use my images on a very, very simple condition: include a simple link. Am I asking too much? That�s what made me angry at the beginning, that the teacher didn�t include anywhere the source of her pictures and that�s not fair. She should have mentioned the link in her worksheets and everything would have been perfect, I wouldn�t have had any problem at all.

So, you are free to use all of my images on this simple condition. Again, my mistake that I didn�t specify all of these on my website and I�m truly sorry I overlooked this.
MJ Misa, apologies accepted. Don �t worry Smile

15 Jan 2012     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thea77 that is very generous of you.  Thank you for the liberty of letting us use your images, and your condition is a normal one.  I am sure people will respect your request.
Your images are very well done and they certainly will be helpful to teachers all around the world.  Once again, a big thank you.

15 Jan 2012     

juliag
Japan

How kind of you Thea, it is much appreciated I can assure you. And sorry that your graphics were used without permission or a mention of the source. I can understand that would be very upsetting for you and think it �s great that you are so willing to make your wonderful images available for use by teachers. It will help no end of us out, you can be sure of it. Clap

15 Jan 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

If you or anyone else here is so generous distributing free images and worksheets, isn �t it about time more of us starting licensing our work under the Creative Commons licences instead of holding on to complete copyright?

BTW, I think the word �steal� is out of order here. I see fair use by not-for-profit members here.

15 Jan 2012     

libertybelle
United States

Thank you Thea - you are a dear!  Heart
If i ever use your images - I promise to credit you with a link back to your site!
That �s the least I can do!!

best wishes
Libertybelle

15 Jan 2012     

Montypython
France

Great idea! Thanks  so much!!!:)
Could you give us a link to your website Thea please?
Take care!:)
Marie

15 Jan 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >