Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > All of my flashcards stolen     

All of my flashcards stolen

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thea, great. That �s very generous of you and I �m looking forward using your pics:o) Thumbs Up
Marie, the link is www.kids-pages.com.

15 Jan 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

It is of course very generous of you to set your art free for the benifit of teachers. Your work is clear and beautiful, really useful for teachers all over.

I have one little thing to mention...As one of our members (lizsantiago) pointed out, your work is available at many different websites, some of these may not have any terms of use stated. (Because it seems they took the images without permission to begin with). Since the images are available at other sites besides yours, it is entirely possible that Ayrin DIDN �T take the images from your site, but rather from one of the other sites featuring them. In that case Ayrin acted completely in good faith, since she had no way of knowing they were copyright protected.....She also couldn �t have known she was supposed to ask you for permission since the other sites don �t link back to you....Just a few lines in defense of Ayrin...
(and in defense of all others who may have -unknowingly- used your art without your permission, simply because they had no way of knowing it was yours)

15 Jan 2012     

Thea77
Romania

PhilipR, let�s not make a BIG confusion here, if I allow teachers to use my stuff in the classroom for free, or other websites to use it for free, it does not mean I don�t retain complete copyright any more. I continue to retain it and I want to take credit for my work (by including the link I mentioned).

The word �steal� is not out of order here, because someone else put copyright on some of my pictures :� Copyright � 16/4/2009  Ayrin
Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner.�
This does mean a big �Steal�, because someone else took credit for some of my work and that�s disturbing, believe me. You can �t put copyright on something that is not your entire creation. That �s what makes Ayring guilty.

MarionG, you may be right, it didn �t occur to me that Ayrin might have taken the pictures from other websites, not knowing who the copyright owner was. It seems impossible to know any more, since so many websites appear to have used my flashcards deleting the link to my website that I included in the flashcards. That �s why I said it �s a big world out there, it �s no way anyone can stop stealing. As long as anyone who uses stuff from other websites doesn�t specify the source, we can talk about stealing.

15 Jan 2012     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Thea, you are extremely generous.  You are allowing teachers to download quality work for free when you could have easily charged a fee Clap.

I understand your feelings. Simply make the neccessary copyright changes to protect your work and keep on doing what you are doing.

Your webpage is GREAT!! I will be sharing your website with  teachers at my school.

15 Jan 2012     

carme sammut
Malta

http://www.kids-pages.com/
This is a great link for clip arts.

Well done to a very creative illustrator.

Thanks for being allowed to make use of it,

best regards

carmen

15 Jan 2012     

carme sammut
Malta

http://www.kids-pages.com/
This is a great link for clip arts.

Well done to a very creative illustrator.

Thanks for being allowed to make use of it,

best regards

carmen

15 Jan 2012     

Thea77
Romania

Thanks everyone for your nice words regarding my work. I didn �t intend to promote my website here, if the button "Report it"would have worked, none of all these conversations would have taken place. But I �m glad it all turned out this way, I found out some important things that will serve me well in the future.

Regards,
Thea.

15 Jan 2012     

Ayrin
Indonesia

Dear Thea,I hope you read my messages in here.First of all I �m really sorry to use your pictures in my worksheets without permissions.I really didn�t know it.Honestly when I start to join this ESL never in my mind I will sell the worksheets.I just want to share n help another teachers with my worksheets.I �m so happy n glad to use your image.I �m sorry for this late messages because I �m very busy right now.I never send my worksheets again,sorry teachers. In my country we are really poor in materials.I agreed with Liberty Belle.We need to copy n give to my students.I �m so happy in this website we can help each others with great materials.So I didn �t mean to stole from u Thea.If u can wait from my reply.I will edit my worksheet and change the images.But too bad some of my worksheets has been deleted. Thank u so much at the end.You want to share your pictures.Hope u can understand Thea.And I agree with the others teachers,u have a pretty pictures,that �s why I �m using it n my students love it too.They said the images so pretty.If u agree I will give my notes in my worksheets that the images created by Thea from Kid pages. Thea one more thing,I never copyright the worksheets.Every worksheet that I sent to ESL automatically copyright by Victor Gayol not by me.If u noticed all the worksheets from another members and I take the pictures from another website not yours,so I didn�t know sorry for that Thea. Kinds and regards Ayrin

10 Feb 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3