Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SO MANY STOLEN WORKSHEETS FOR TOMORROW!!    

SO MANY STOLEN WORKSHEETS FOR TOMORROW!!

frenchfrog
France

SO MANY STOLEN WORKSHEETS FOR TOMORROW!!

It is so depressing...

Another thing:
Again we have some printables that are not ESL resources: no activity in English is suggested!!!
Please, when you see nice colo(u)ring sheets for �young� children, give the link in the forum!!!! Do not upload them as if they were yours!!!

Just try this: in the Google Image search bar, type �colouring valentine� (UK), �coloring valentine� (US), �colouring rabbit�, �coloring rabbit�, �colo(u)ring WHATEVER-YOU-WANT�...

14 Jan 2009      

Mariethe House
France

Yes...... depressing!

But why don�t we forget about it and be positive?

I don�t want to be given as an example ( far from it!!!) but I am so happy when I manage to make something which seems quite decent and other people download it and find it useful!
After I have uploaded it it�s not private property anymore!
When people download from books or other sites it�s a shame, but what can be done? Let"s continue the good relationship we ( honest members ) have established and who cares about the others?
Best wishes to you dear compatriot and thank you for the great work you produce!

14 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

This is precisely because there is this incredibably good team spirit and such great help coming from so many members that something has to be done.
I don�t agree with you when you say that once a document is uploaded it is no longer �private�. If it is no longer private, I will upload all your printables and of course, you will not accuse me of stealing, right?
It is important to respect the original creator. Many members willingly offer their worksheets FOR FREE (and it is not only their worksheets but also THEIR TIME, and THEIR TIPS) and in return they expect their work to be respected. It is as simple as that!!!

14 Jan 2009     

sviviana
Portugal

Frenchfrog, where do you see the worksheets for tomorrow??

14 Jan 2009     

Mariethe House
France

By the way, have many of your worksheets been stolen ?

Honestly, I wouldn�t mind! I would just laugh about it and say: "wow it must be good if someone wanted to use it as his own!"

Don�t worry frenchfrog, I don�t want to make a big deal about it!! A friend of mine ( 44 years old) died over the christmas holidays, leaving 2 orphans behind... THAT�s a big deal!

14 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Sure ... but let�s compare what is comparable... This site is about TEACHING.

sviviana, I don�t want to give links because everytime some members have given the link to a stolen printable, other members deliberately downloaded the stolen worksheet!!
But if you have a little time, enter the date 14.01.09 and you will see tomorrow�s printables.

14 Jan 2009     

sviviana
Portugal

I got it! didn�t know we could see in advance!
Thanks
Thumbs Up

14 Jan 2009     

JUANBEGI
Spain

Something must be done to punish this behaviour, but what can we do?

14 Jan 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear frenchfrog and Mariethe

It�s depressing indeed and time consuming with all those stolen wss.
I really don�t understand why people keep up uploading stolen wss. What�s the whole idea behind it? Sorry but I don�t get it.
Pictures, frames and clip arts by themselves  are not esl wss. We can all google them.

Even though it�s depressing to read about stolen wss in the forum, it�s necessary that we keep on informing each other about it. Yes, it�s a negative image, yes, it can depress us and it can create a bad "karma" in the forum.  In spite of all the downers, I do believe that it�s another way to get rid of thieves.

Sorry for being so blunt.

Tisha

11.gif

14 Jan 2009     

apayala
Spain

There is something that I do not quite understand. There are some people who stole worksheets who have had the stolen worksheets deleted from their account but they still have their points. For example user srp282 has no printables (after Victor deleted them I suppose) but you can see that he or she still has the points, in this case 40 points. So, I guess he or she can carry on downloading worksheets everyday for free as he or she has more than 30 points. Or am I wrong?. Can anybody explain this to me?.

14 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I praise the efforts that teachers like Frenchfrog do to keep track of the stolen worksheets and I think that it is useful to mention that in the forum. Although we may think that with Victor�s warning that stolen contributions can�t be uploaded is enough, we know that it is not. We  constantly need to remind that on the forum so that those who do not follow the rules, get acquinted with them through the older members� comments.

Nevertheless I also agree that those comments should be as brief and polite as we can.

To those who find a useful or nice worksheet or picture on the web and then upload it pretending that is yours when it is not, please don�t do that. Just post it on the forum or provide the link as I�m doing here:

These aids are good for teaching values to our students, aren�t they?

For more pictures like this , click here

14 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >