Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Insulted!     

Insulted!

ggroneet
Israel

Insulted!

Hi everyone,

Sometimes I feel really ashamed that I am a member on this site! Do not get me wrong- I appreciate every one of you teachers here! I think we do a sacred work. We work hard and try to produce attractive and innovative worksheets. No need to tell you all the hard work and many hours I spend sitting and creating lesson plans and produce various tasks for my students, trying always to renew and refresh!

I know all of us here are serious and invest much time working sometimes even at the expense of our families!

What I do not understand is all those friends who have unnecessary spare time as they roam the site looking for friends who have broken the LAW?!!

Yes, I admit it! I have not read all the terms of the site! Yes, sometimes I forget the rules! I am just a human being! I know I should read and remember the terms � I don �t try to justify myself here!

I posted the same page twice! The first one a year ago and the second one a few months ago! Really for innocent reason! I couldn�t even remember I have uploaded it already.

The least I expect is to get a private message from the teacher who found the double pages and I gladly delete one of them!

The first page had a total of 9 points! The other page, too - had nine points. So � points didn�t play a role in my case!

It is not about the points!! It �s a principle! A relationship between a person and his friend!

What about some humanity??? It doesn �t feel nice to get an administrative post! Also the post says "Your contribution was reported for not following the rules of the website. The moderators will review it soon".

I cannot understand the reason behind this report!

Do people here prefer to spend the moderators � time to discuss a nine points worksheet and humiliate the creator of the page?

I am a teacher who works hard running a website, blog, doing great and diverse lesson plans etc!

This insult makes me question the people here and I �m sorry for that!

Remember! I did not steal anything! I uploaded a simple double page. What is my terrible crime?

22 Sep 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think you got off lightly. You should be hanged, drawn and quartered. How dare you upload the same sheet twice and try to steal 9 whole points from honest souls like the rest of us? Wink LOL

Seriously, lighten up, dear friend, life is too short, but I must say, all the more fun for your histrionics! 

22 Sep 2012     

Kr�mel
Germany

You are so right!

22 Sep 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Ouch, what is the fuss about? If someone finds repeated wss, he/she should report it and there is no obligation to send a PM to anyone about it. You should  appreciate your friend sent you a PM rather than to complain here on the forum. It �s fair to other members of this site. No need to be furious and write such messages on the forum.
Just calm down. You have made a mistake, it happens to all of us and life goes on.

22 Sep 2012     

blackpagoda
Thailand

Loads of waffle.

22 Sep 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Such a long post for one simple mistake...  Nobody has to warn you in pm before reporting you. Yes, it �s nice when it �s done but it �s not in the rules to get in contact with the member. I �ve been reported too a couple of times and I did not make a fuss on the forum about that.

You got caught. It was an innocent mistake. Deal with it and move on!

22 Sep 2012     

class centre
Belarus

Dear Agroneet, calm down please. I understand you very well. But  don �t forget - we are just people. People are different. What is normal for one person is terribly unacceptable for another one. I used to be like you some time ago. But now that so many terrible things happen around I understand that these small inconveniences  may be a kind of a lesson for us to learn.  I �ve looked through your contributions, They are absolutely wonderful! That is what really matters. Thanks for them. And go ahead.
Good luck! 

22 Sep 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Hi Roneet!

I understand your frustration and I agree it would be wonderful if we had the time to drop some lines to the author when we found a worksheet breaking the rules! Unfortunately not everyone reads the rules before uploading his work, even if they appear clearly in front of him every time he uploads something; even checking the box �I agree� when registering as a member; even reading the very same endless discussion on the forum every time someone gets mad because he himself has broken the rules.

The reporters aren�t �people with spare time to report�, the majority consists of members who want to protect the site, and assure it will always be the wonderful source for teacher it is. Not only should copies be removed; double worksheets take double space and space costs money.

Before uploading a new worksheet we have the possibility of turning our uploaded work in alphabetical order, so we are able to check whether it�s already on the site or not. If we don�t do it, someone with no extra time will have to spare his family from his company and take a few minutes to check for us and � if we make a mistake � will try to correct it, sending the second worksheet to the moderators� page.

I can assure you the moderators won�t feel overworked, because our duty as moderators is not an obligation, a member does it only if he wants to.

Mistakes may happen, and the reporting feature exists to correct them, don�t take it personally.

Hugs

Zailda Coirano

22 Sep 2012     

ch&c-englishclasses
Peru

same happened to me, I got about 74 points and then someone reported it... but at the end, he/she download it... so It doesnt have scence... why do people spend time judging others � job if they have already downloaded the worksheet???

22 Sep 2012     

arrami
Tunisia

it �s really frustrating! 

your complaint is really to the point

I share the same complaint and the same feeling thanks alot  Thumbs Up

22 Sep 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

I thought this is what the forum is for.  Somebody doesn �t understand something, posts his/her complaint/explanation, knows it might be a bit OTT, but hopes her colleagues can explain without being too douchebaggish. Kudos to Zailda, by the way, but - as usual here - it might be helpful if  ggroneet pulls her head out and responds to the comments. Too often you find people posting complaints but - oddly enough - they never follow up on the comments.

22 Sep 2012     

1    2    Next >