Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DISAPPOINTED    

DISAPPOINTED

elenaxx
Romania

DISAPPOINTED

It�s funny how people rush to download Ws that contain a bunch of pictures , and worksheets that contain just a white paper full of  exercises  are not even seen  . There are people here who send Ws, and nobody wants to download them, because most of the time they are simple Ws, no borders or frames, and not so many pictures. I think you should give those people a chance too. Don�t download Ws just because they look nice! Download them because they are useful.

25 Jan 2009      

magherinis
Italy

You are right! I agree but I hope everybody chooses anything because it�s useful. That�s what I do.

25 Jan 2009     

spring
Turkey

Hi elenaxx,
I see your point.
According to me both content and appearence is very important because I am teaching small children and pre-intermediates.
So while downloading a worksheet I consider about my Ss� needs.
The small ones like colourful pages with pictures,
My pre-intermediates also like pictures cos they are a kind of clue or make the meaning a little bit concrete for students,and I am in favour of content so I download the worksheets which own these properties.
Many of the teachers in here are elementary teachers and this may be the answer for your question.
I am also downloading worksheets for advance levels but I have no advance student.I just keep them in my file in case one day I need them.And they are usually simple in appearance(no pictures).But the reason for this ignorance may be points.I have enough points to use so I am able to download any worksheet (even the ones I won�t use in my classes. )
But at first I usually download the worksheets I will use in my classes.Our syllabuses are generally the same with slight differences so it is normal that our needs are same and people are downloading  worksheets in these features.
Have a nice day and don�t become upset.
Keep smiling.

25 Jan 2009     

xanocas
Portugal

I completely agree with you. People seem to love colours and pictures... Have a nice day!

25 Jan 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I totally agree with you, stexstme.

Have a nice Sunday everybody!!!!! Hug

25 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Sylvie and Spring said it all! How can you say the reason that makes each of us, individually, download a worksheet? C�mon!!!

25 Jan 2009     

laurabcn1982
Spain

Hi elena, I understand what you are talking about. I love those worksheets with nice pictures because they are appealing to children but I prefer those in black & white. Why? cause once the worksheet has been photocopied the pictures become grey and students can�t see them properly...

25 Jan 2009     

maayyaa
Slovenia

Hi elenaxx,

I understand what you�re saying, but I don�t agree.

I teach across age levels and always only download WS that I can use in my classes.

I am a very visual type, so I do prefer a bit of colour and pictures, but as not everybody is the same (and I cannot assume all of my students will love very colourful WS) I always download the B&W WS or just WS with a bunch of exercises, as long as I find them useful!

It is not just about the layout, it is more about the quality! And one thing that I find really important is the short description next to the WS. There are so many daily contributions to get through that I cannot always open them and check them out thoroughly, so I read the short description and if it is good and what I need, I will download (regardless of the layout). The most important thing is that the students enjoy the WS and that they are useful!

25 Jan 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
I agree with elenaxx. Of course it is much nicer to have coloured worksheets, that�s why most people put a lot of colours. Some have asked to remove the colours because they can�t print it this way, but it is true that colour makes them more attractive and get more points. I  made the test. some weeks ago. I had a very good grammar worksheet I uploaded without colours and the result was: 4 points. I deleted the worksheet, added colours and then uopoaded again. And guess, more then 90 downloads. So, I think it is true, people don�t pay attention to woksheets without colours or pictures. I agree that it is much nicer for children, but for adults, worksheets without pictures can be really useful.
Have all a nice weekend
Silvia

25 Jan 2009     

lilytech
Argentina

Users are free to choose ws; woksheets their sts need ,their sts may like ,ws themselves like. People saying the types of ws they should  download  are violating their freedom.

Personally, I seldom download colourful or simply matching ws, but adults saying what others must do is not respecful.

25 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I quite agree,  I have also noticed that colourful, better designed  worksheets are often more successful than simple and sober ones.... In my case I see the  content first and then the form, as I essentially work with adults.....
What can you do then? Teachers are free to download what they like, what they think is more appropriate for their teaching.. aren�t they?
One last thing however: I  don�t like the idea of trying to tell members what to do

25 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >