Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > GOOD MORNING.... EVERYONE....    

GOOD MORNING.... EVERYONE....

alien boy
Japan

Cheezels, it�s a lot easier when you make your own pasta rather than buying the dried stuff... but how you fill the dried pasta depends a little on what you like to fill it with! I like a little bacon, spinach, roasted capsicum, lemon, ricotta and fetta. Sometimes I�ll add a few other things too... If you make the filling dry enough you can use a spoon or piping bag to fill the dry tubes. Even if your using bolognese yoy can do the same - just make sure it�s cold before you try filling them!

Your cannelloni looks very tasty GP!

I�ve just finished dinner - shabu shabu!!

with a very tast Sapporo beer! Yum!

25 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Alien Boy: I make all my own bread from scratch and also my own ice cream too :-)
Making my own pasta has actually crossed my mind not too long ago....I love to cook and bake!!!!
THAT looks VERY tasty what you have in your picture!!! I love all types of Asian food. When I went to China a while back it was 3 weeks of non stop eating... :-)

25 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hey

25 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

This morning is raining after two very, extremely, hot days and an awful, sleepless, hot and humid  night. I have just woke up because the telephone rang!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

25 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hey guys ...everyone is welcomed...
Alien boy love you food pic... yummy...

Cheezels.. the secret is a small spoon
Cover one end of the cannelloni with a small piece of foil..{careful you dont burn yourself with the sause...} and then slowly fill the cannelloni..
This way it wont  ALL spill out...

No i dont boil them... Its a hard shell pasta.. so it makes it easier.. well good luck..

25 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I love food in general - the flavours, history, social customs... everything! I was a chef for well over a decade & have been known to teach cooking as an ESL subject occasionally when back in Australia. I�d love to have my own school/cafe one day!

Making pasta is much less time consuming than bread - you don�t have to wait for the yeast to activate or proof the dough (once or twice depending on the type of bread you make).

I even made pizza for the household for lunch today. Unfortunately I don�t have a proper oven, so I don�t get to do much baking or roasting these days....

Hmm, I may need to make dessert!

25 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

AHA!!!!!!! because when I filled it  it did all come out the other end... to use some tin foil.. so simple!!!!!! And yes I also burnt myself with the sauce! And on the box it said to half cook them first so they were flopping everywhere.... (it was a complete disaster hehe)

Awesome!!!! I thank you for sharing the "secret" ....
I feel inspired to try it again now in the near future :-)

Thank you!

25 Jan 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

READY!!!!!!
COME AND GET IT....

25 Jan 2009     

marileia
Greece

Hi Greek Professor,

I guess I�m close, shall I come???

LOL�