Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Listening worksheets without a link    

Listening worksheets without a link

s.lefevre
Brazil

Listening worksheets without a link

Every day there are lots of worksheets with listening exercises but without a link. The authors normally say that you can find it on YouTube or anywhere else.  I have tried many times to find such a link, but it but I couldn�t find it. Anyway, in my opinion, a worksheet can only be considered useful, if the teacher has the whole thing. If he has to search for hours, it is easier to make the worksheet himself. Some time ago, we spoke about this and we considered that worksheets with no link should be removed. I think that even those that say: you can find the link at.... should be removed. What do you think? 

28 May 2014      

pascy
France

I totally disagree, if there is a link it always works, except for old ones when sometimes the link is dead. If there is no link I agree that they are useless.

28 May 2014     

yanogator
United States

@pascy,
I don �t know why you say that you totally disagree. Sylvia said that worksheets with no link, or just telling you how to find the link (which she has found from experience often doesn �t work), should be removed. She said, as you did, that worksheets with a link should be kept. Where do you disagree?

Bruce

28 May 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

You will also notice that when there is a tape script it is often a copy from an ESL website and an infringement of the copyright. I think that in either case the worksheet should be reported and removed. I get dizzy looking at them all.

Imagine a reading comprehension worksheet without a reading or "You can find it on the net."

28 May 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

I agree with you Sylvia (and other members)!

Like you said many worksheets do not have link for a listening activity, so to me they are useless. Therefore they should be removed.

I have also downloaded some worksheets and asked for the audio file to the author. The majority of times my request was simply ignored.

28 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I think the statement that about the link to the listening exercises (either in the ws of into the description to the ws) should be included into the text of the rules of the site. Otherwise there is no rule violation and such wss shouldn �t be reported or deleted now.

I think the link should be included because it saves time and makes the ws useful. But we should keep in mind that the link shouldn �t lead the users to the wares sites or to the file which is copyrighted and was uploaded to a file share site illegally. The link should lead either to the official page where it is possible to download/listen to the text for free or to the sites which store such files legally.

28 May 2014     

Nina Duarte
Brazil

I totally support you, also I �d like to complement that is very frustating when you hunt after the "link" (or clue) provided by the author and that just leads to nowhere! it happened with me many times. 

I think the link provided should be supervised too.

28 May 2014     

pascy
France

Do you agree that if there is a link, they are worth it and if there is no link, they should be removed?

28 May 2014     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I don �t think that there has to be a link must be included into the rules. It seems obvious to me that if there is no link, it isn �t useful and can �t be considered an English resource. 
The other day I asked for a link and the pperson said that it was a tape she had and she therefore she couldn �t send it. 

28 May 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

The worksheets which break the rules of the site should be removed. The wss without a link don �t break the rules (IMHO).

28 May 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

In my opinion, a listening worksheet needs either a link for the recording a a transcript of the recording - otherwise it �s useless and should be reported.
I uploaded a listening worksheet some time ago and included a transcript, in the description I also offered to email the recording (I made it, featuring my husband) to anyone who needs it, and emailed it to everyone who asked for it.

28 May 2014     

1    2    Next >