Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Do all reporters and moderators have a clear conscience    

Do all reporters and moderators have a clear conscience

Mariethe House
France

Do all reporters and moderators have a clear conscience

Just for fun I have been looking at the work of some of the most zealous reporters and moderators on this site.
Guess what, Some of them have been unscrupulously reporting and voting for work sheets to be removed. This actually got a little on my nerves and I decided to check if all those "saints" were really as crystalline as they pretend they are.
I won �t give any names but maybe some people will recognize their original work in this ESL site. Just have a look :
http://fr.scribd.com/doc/187716299/Fill-in-the-Blanks-With-the-Corret-Affirmative-From-of-the-Verbs-in-Brackets

And I could give many more examples. I have chosen never to report except when those people pretend they are saints!

I agree that moderators are necessary on this site but before you report or cross your heart or you die that someone �s work has been copied or stolen or..whatever, please check that your conscience is clear!

A word to the wise is enough!

24 Jun 2014      

logos2014
Mali

I think it �s very neccessary for moderators to review the criteria of worksheets evaluation. I posted a worksheet recently with french translations and a lot of people downloaded it because they find it useful but to my greatest surprise , the worksheet was removed. I think that moderators should consider issues that may be very helpful to site users even if it does not dance completely to the tamtam of the site. Maybe a kind of flexibility is needed in the regulation set up....Thanks

24 Jun 2014     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I absolutely agree and I�d like to add a piece of friendly advice to some moderators:"Have a rest, go for a walk, meet your friends, read a book, watch a film, have a drink or whatever. Eslprintables is a great place, but there are so many other things to do.Smile

24 Jun 2014     

moemendhia
Tunisia

here I �ve got a suggestion,before reporting a work ,why don �t we in a private & friendly pm address the member whose work contains unacceptable features ,personally I did it many times  !then if he/she does not respect rules , the work should be removed!

24 Jun 2014     

EFL-Teacher
China

Totally agree, Mariethe HouseThumbs Up

24 Jun 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

Moemendhia, you �ve been lucky. The few times I have pmed a person because the work did not respect the rules, I have received unkind responses. I don �t send messages anymore. I just report, not very often, but I don �t bother warning the member.

To logos2014, worksheets with French words are useful to a limited number of members here. English is what we all have in common.  That is the reason why the rule came by. If you still want to share it, you can offer it without uploading for the points. I have sent work to other members because the printable did not respect some rules or was too big. I am not saying this is your case but some people here are way too obsessed about their points. 

This site is free. I don �t know many other sites that offer that many resources for free. So what if we have to abide by rules we don �t always agree with? That �s a very small price to pay for what we get in return.

24 Jun 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree with Marieth�. If you are going to zealously moderate, you should make sure that your own house is in order.

24 Jun 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m not a moderator, but I will report things that could get the site in legal trouble, such as materials copied from other websites (all too common) or watermarked clip art. If it contains a word or two from another language, I �ll let it go, but if it has directions only in another language, I report it. Except for the watermarks, it really depends on how egregious the violation is.

24 Jun 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

If a worksheet is removed, one can rework it, correcting the violation, and then resubmit.

24 Jun 2014     

joy2bill
Australia

I �m feeling a little confused. I �m not sure what the message is with this post. The rules have changed over the years and so some worksheets were accepted that would not be today. Also most moderators are not interested in vendettas..they spend quite a bit of time trying to keep us out of illegal territories. As far as foreign languages are concerned, it is quite easy to remove the foreign words before publication. Perhaps a message suggesting that a "French, Japanese, German, whatever" version is available by pm would help those who enjoy or can use translations.
It is important for us to protect contributors from those who copy and try to submit someone else �s work.

25 Jun 2014     

lucyanya
Spain

I have had works rejected, that I spent many hours preparing.  Yes, being a newby I was wrong and some of the pieces were correctly rejected, I am re working them to suit.  However, some of the pieces have been put together using a great many sources of material, some of the bits I have seen in a variety of worksheets on several sites, all stating please feel free to edit or utilise for your own work, but NOT for profit.    I have had work rejected because it contained parts of this.  For profit.... definitely not,  for community among teachers....a little flexibility perhaps.

I have also been told that my sheet has obviously been copied from a book.  While I feel rather proud to have produced a piece of such quality it is actually untrue and I can forward the publisher file I created it in to prove it if necessary.

I understand the need to protect the site with regard copyright etc, it is an amazing site, but.... I do feel in some respects there are only so many times you can fold a piece of paper and some grammar subjects are like this.  

I believe in the manufacturing world, you have to make 9 changes in order not to infringe copyright, is this the same for worksheets?

I want to share things I have created and used with great success but I am getting rather frustrated.

Confused

25 Jun 2014     

1    2    Next >